Search results

1. Promit

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 bookshelf speakers Walnut

Selling this Wharfedale set that I never wound up using. I'm asking $250 OBO in Baltimore MD, can ship (cost tbd) or deal locally. This is the specific speaker used by Amir in his review: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/wharfedale-diamond-12-1-review-speaker.26780/
  2. Promit

Upgrade to XenForo with different react options

Basically this is what I'm looking for: I don't know if this requires a version upgrade or is just a setting change in XenForo, but it'd be awfully nice to have the wider range of react emojis. Looks like it was added in 2.1 but might require settings to enable.
  3. Promit

Amazon Basics Active Bookshelf Speakers w/Bluetooth

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WBRKS8Q $50, includes a remote, 7 reviews, glowingly positive! The word "audiophile" has already dropped in the reviews. I can't be the only one curious what Amazon has managed to somehow throw together at this price point.
  4. Promit

F/S: Single speakers: Adam T5V, KRK Rokit 5 G4

These two speakers are the specific units that were supplied to Amir for review. I don't have a use for them, maybe somebody needs a center channel or can find another matching one elsewhere. Neither was actually used outside their review. T5V: $160 shipped CONUS KRK Rokit 5 G4: $140 shipped...
  5. Promit

The consequences of including ultrasonics in audio systems

This is prompted by another bad-faith discussion which I will not deign to link, but I think the core subject matter is worth discussing on its own. One of the fads that has been big over the last decade or more has been "high resolution audio", built around the idea that hifi audio is in need...
  6. Promit

I don't know what stereo power amp to buy, or keep the A800

I recently got a Behringer A800 for a song ($250) out of curiosity to see if I liked having a separate stereo amp for the front towers in my 5 channel setup. It turns out that I do like it, but it's a little frustrating that the A800 does not have automatic or triggered power. I'm currently...
  7. Promit

In Defense of Subjectivity

I was skimming the forum of a popular manufacturer who has not appreciated ASR's measurements of their products and thinking to myself, you know what? Even when we disagree, I get it. And I thought it would be nice here to at least acknowledge the subjective, mushy side of this hobby. At the...
  8. Promit

How do I know if external amplification would be beneficial?

I have a receiver (X3400H at the moment), and that receiver has internal amps but also pre-outs. I can move my front towers, or 5 or 7 speakers off the internal amps to separate amplification if I so desire. How do I actually know if I will see any benefit from doing so? Tricky to use my ears...
  9. Promit

Anyone used an active RCA->XLR level converter?

For example: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/288115-REG/ART_CLEANBOXPRO_CLEANBOX_Bi_Directional_Level_Matching.html I want to run XLR to some gear to be future proof but my sources are all RCA right now. Are these preferable to using a simple adapter? Are they actually transparent? And...
  10. Promit

Choosing between KEF, PSB, and Chane towers

Decided to ask here as I like the local crowd. I'm trying to settle on some replacement towers under $2,000, plus a matching center under 8.25". I really value accuracy, and neutral voicing with a balanced to slightly recessed (but still detailed!) treble. Dynamic range and extension matter too...
  11. Promit

Thinking of going to HT separates. Should I? Which?

I currently have a 5.1 (SVS Prime) system running off a Denon X3400H. This setup does a pretty decent job for movies, but has always been noticeably deficient for music in a way that I can't seem to quite put my finger on. I figure I will upgrade the speakers eventually, but meanwhile I've been...
Top Bottom