Search results

1. A

Topping DM7 availability

I am in the market for a Topping DM7 eight channel DAC, but can’t find a black one. Amazon has silver ones, but no one seems to have them in black finish I did not see the DM7 listed on Topping’s website. Anyone know what’s going on? Is it discontinued already? If so, what will replace it...
  2. A

Functional need: preamp, streamer, DAC, Room correction/bass management 2.2 system.

IME, Lyngdorf”s RoomPerfect is the least effective of the mainstream DRC systems on the market.
  3. A

Functional need: preamp, streamer, DAC, Room correction/bass management 2.2 system.

Just one more point. If you use Roon, it can load and run DRC filters generated by software of your choice,e.g. Acorute, Rephase,Audiolense, etc, so you may not need hardware DRC.
  4. A

Highest quality ~10W classAB

Look at the Renardson MJR-7 project on line. DIY only, but simple, no esoteric parts and ourstanding performance. https://www.renardson-audio.com/build75.html
  5. A

Andrew Jones MoFi Speakers

Are we sure the coax mid- tweeter is the same? Since it no longer needs to produce bass, the coax could be optimized differently. Having said that, the cone profile and geometry look very similar, so the directivity is, i agree, unlikely to be too different from the bookshelf speakers.
  6. A

Andrew Jones MoFi Speakers

I just hope the floor standers have wider HF dispersion than the two preceding models. The Andrew Jones designed coaxial ELAC speakers sounded somewhat congested on large scale orchestral music because of their narrow directivity.
  7. A

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

P.S:- compare the viewership of Erin’s channel to that of Steve Gutenberg’s. Which one do you think is more informative and which one do you think is more successful financially? Hint: Gutenberg gave up his full-time job at CNET.
  8. A

In one of his live streams, Erin stated that he makes, perhaps, $50 on a good video. As far as I can tell, his YouTube channel is a labour of love. Given the service he provides to serious audiophiles, I find it astonishing that he is criticised over minor matters. He does ask viewers to use...
  9. A

I find narrow directivity speakers can sound ‘congested’ and lacking in ‘air’, in Stereo especially on naturally recorded large scale works. If the Blades had wider dispersion, say +/- 60 degrees, I’d consider them, but for now I’ll stay with the Salon2. In multichannel music playback, narrow...
  10. A

NAD M66 - finally someone makes a decent 2-channel preamp!

Not sure how to interpret this. Care to elaborate ;) ?
  11. A

Audio Precision APx516B Review

I haven’t read the whole thread, so not sure if this is been mentioned before, but the AP 516 appears to be not much better than the Quantasylum 403 which is significantly cheaper.
  12. A

How much of an upgrade would Revel F228 Be speakers be over PSB Synchrony Ones?

Can you comment on the differences in sound quality, between the synchrony one and the 228? Based on the measurements in stereophile magazine I would not expect major differences, but your comments would be appreciated.
  13. A

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Can’t see the data. Can you please repost.
  14. A

FS: Waveform Mach Solo speakers

Are these active speakers like the waveform 17, or are they passive?
  15. A

Eversolo DMP A-8 @ Purité Audio

Yes. Optimally, we would like to have a choice of either sending the analogue input without A/D conversion to the output or have the ability to switch it through the A/D stage so that DSP could be applied. That is why I asked whether this feature is hardwired or could it be changed in firmware.
  16. A

Eversolo DMP A-8 @ Purité Audio

That’s a poor decision by the design team IMO. So now DSP processing cannot act on the analogue inputs? Is this a hardwired limitation or could it be changed via a firmware update? Can you please enquire.
  17. A

Raw 1m Measurements of a Gedlee NS15?

Very nice! Can you post some measurements of the Gradient speakers? Thanks.
Top Bottom