Search results

1. J

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

No, the point is unless this comparison was done with proper controls it's worthless as far as anyone here giving any sort of an answer as to what is going on.
  2. J

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

We're suppose to say, it's probably defective without bothering about stupid tests and stuff. But to use an analogy, if I was having a sharp pain in my chest and the doctor asked me to describe the pain on a scale of 1 to 10 and I said 6 the doctor's suppose to say its heartburn without testing.
  3. J

Topping might be defective or the modi might be defective or neither one or both could be defective. Hope that helps
  4. J

Streamer recommendation (not WiiM Pro)

You might like the UI of Eversolo dmp-a6 but is above your price of $500 but you could sell your SMSL or use it in a different system. I believe they implemented some PEQ with it as well. https://www.eversolo.com/Product/index/model/DMP-A6/target/7abWHw%2B%2BoHhKKmVViAFMcQ%3D%3D.html
  5. J

I know streamers don't have sound signature it's why I said they should all be the same so I gave an option of the MXN10 in his price range that has tidal connect since He didn't want the WiiM Pro. I didn't see any reason to try and convince him otherwise it's a waste of time.
  6. J

The Cambridge MXN10 supports tidal connect if that's what you're looking for. I think the WiiM pro plus supports Tidal connect as well. Any streamer using digital out to the SMSL should be the same.
  7. J

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Only if he pays the reviewers attorney, they don't work for free. Otherwise I wouldn't bother , actually I simply wouldn't bother.
  8. J

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Oh no, it's quite entertaining though I get pages behind.
  9. J

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Might be more apt to rename this the Broken Record thread. Every few months new member proclaims measurements don't tell us everything about dacs because they've had X,Y,Z dacs and they sound different. Did they do proper controlled tests to come to this conclusion? No Then there's pages...
  10. J

I wouldn't care if they were the best measuring speaker on the planet I wouldn't have one of these monstrosities in my house. I've seen some pretty ugly speakers in my day but these things define the word. The guy building them seems to be a nut as well.
  11. J

Mathematics and Physics are minor science? By the way what is minor science?
  12. J

FIDE Candidates 2024

Fabi and Ding were in Beach Blanket Bingo. The two surfer guys on the left.
  13. J

Yes, that's why Sonos, Bose, Apple sells a lot of speakers. At least with those you get built in amplification and streaming as well as a bit of help with room correction.
  14. J

I honestly don't get the overblown reaction. This is an admittedly inexpensive speaker I would say best suited for background party listening. I don't know any "audiophile" who's going to be buying $750 speakers for serious listening. Just move on.
  15. J

Great, we're looking forward to seeing your measurements using the Klippel NFS . Who is going to do the honors?
  16. J

Thanks for pointing out what's wrong with this cheap looking piece of junk.
  17. J

Buy USB isolator for E70 Velvet? E50? E30II?

There's a link to measurements of the E70 Velvet in the first post. https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-e70-velvet-akm-4499ex.40183/
Top Bottom