Search results

1. Reinhold

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

Hi amirm, thank you very much for the measurements. I wonder how the "apple" codecs (SBC and AAC) compared to APTX-X and LDAC. Maybe you could make some measurements next time you will review a new BT dongle?
  2. Reinhold

Recommendation request thread

Country: Europe Budget: 2000$ Form factor: open over ear Use case: casual listening Source information: Massdrop THX Things that are important to you: comfort Your preferred sound signature/other headphones: HD600/650 Anything else you feel might be relevant: should be an upgrade over...
  3. Reinhold

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

has someone checked out the DAC from the lightning earpods? I wanna do a mod and solder the lightning jack to my AKG K702 headphones. Has someone tried this before? The DAC in the EarPods carries a label that reads 338S00140 / A0QK1623 / TW, and the one in the adapter reads 38S00140 / A0MU1621...
  4. Reinhold

Fiio BTR5

what about Shanling UP4 for 99$? http://en.shanling.com/product/257 Dual ES9218P DAC; 3.5mm Single-ended and 2.5mm balanced output Bluetooth 5.0 Qualcomm CSR8675 chip; 91mW@32Ohm Single-Ended; 160 mW@32Ohm Balanced output High gain / Low gain / Dual DAC mode; Battery Life Up to 15Hours...
  5. Reinhold

USB audio interfaces interest

please do a review :) https://www.solidstatelogic.com/products/ssl2 2-In / 2-Out USB-C Audio Interface 2 x SSL-designed microphone preamps Legacy 4K - analogue colour enhancement, inspired by classic SSL consoles Professional, high-current grade headphone output 24-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA AKM...
  6. Reinhold

Please do a review from one of the new MOTUs (M2 or M4). i've ask MOTU about the output impedance of the headphone jack and the RCA outputs. The answered very fast. Thank you for your interest in our products! The RCA outputs on the rear of the M2 can be controlled by the monitor volume knob...
  7. Reinhold

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

i´ve found this one on Audiophincs.fr for under 100€ https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dac-with-volume/trasam-dac3-balanced-dac-es9028q2m-24bit192khz-dsd128-xmos-p-14093.html TRASAM DAC3 Balanced DAC ES9028Q2M 24bit/192kHz DSD128 XMOS is it good, bad or ugly? Lets find out :D SPECIFICATIONS...
  8. Reinhold

The id4 looks nice, but i need a separate knob for the headphone output. Amazon send me the new focusrite 2i2 3rd today. I´ve compared the max. preamp gain against my umc204hd and the native instruments komplete audio 2. behringer has the most gain, 2i2 is next and the kontrol 2 the weakest...
  9. Reinhold

Thomann has answered. they dont have demounits, but i can use their 30 days money back garanty and order a unit. but the shipping cost to usa is to high (40$). i ordered 3 interfaces last week and tested them with my jbl 305 and some headphones (sennheiser hd660/dt880 600ohm). icon and mackie...
  10. Reinhold

no i havent tried their support, because my unit has also some hardware problems so i decided to send it back immediately. according to the russian webpage which has been posted above, the new native instrument interfaces (komplete audio 1/2) look very good. i'll give them a try. i also ordered...
  11. Reinhold

i had ordered a 6i6 2rd to use with my win10 system (i5-8700k, 16gb ram, gtx980) last week and got crackling noise even when playing music via media player or vlc. the system was fresh. same with my other win10 pc. the latency in ableton 10 was higher than with my behringer umc204hd by 2ms...
  12. Reinhold

What about the Mackie Producer? It looks like that Focusrite interfaces are getting cheaper and cheaper in build quality, but the price dont. I cant support such a company. have you ever heard about the Icon Cube 4Nano (ProDrive III). https://iconproaudio.com/product/cube-4nano-prodrive/ The...
  13. Reinhold

Audio measurement gear

is it possible to connect an external dac like topping d30 via spdif to the 6i6?
  14. Reinhold

Should we (I) get into speaker testing & measurement

yes of course. I like to see some measurements from active monitors. for example jbl 305, adam t7v, yamaha hs7 and kali audio lp-6.
  15. Reinhold

UMC204HD questions...

has someone measured the voltage from the both cinch lineouts? i've connected a topping a30 amp and i have to say that i cant hear a big difference in quality and available power compared to the internal headphone amp from umc204hd.
  16. Reinhold

the new focusrite solo looks nice, but how can i change the volumen from the headphone out when i am also using active speakers. i dont like this design. better buy the bigger brother 2i2 3rd gen. thank you!
  17. Reinhold

the new focusrite range has a headphone out impedance <1ohm according to their datasheet :eek: thats amazing right?! but the dynamic range looks a little weak with 104db.
  18. Reinhold

Audio equipment you regret you sold !

Audiolab 8000S + Monitor Audio RS8 in Rosenut :p :facepalm:
  19. Reinhold

Audio interface (recording) suggestion

my 404hd send a popping noise to my headphones when turning it on. Has the scarlett and clarett the same effect?
Top Bottom