Search results

1. H

Apple Lightning to TOSLINK/SPDIF?

The Douk Audio U2 may work for you. It is not a DAC, it converts USB to either Toslink or Coaxial. It has worked a treat for me up to 24/192 and I don't have anything beyond that to test.
  2. H

Minidsp 2x4 hum (FWIW)

This seems likely for sure. Great to know and thanks for sharing, I'm considering a MiniDSP (HD) 2x4 for my subwoofers and will definitely note this.
  3. H

Can cellular shades help with reflections?

Agreed, I think I'm going to just buy, assemble and install, a tall behind-the-couch console one day and hope my wife reacts positively to it. Even 10-12 inches ahead of the back wall should help a lot! That said, I do agree that sitting a bit closer and (maybe) with some toe-in, you could...
  4. H

A rug behind the seat might help as well, but may not agree with the design or the boss lol. I like the idea of the existing walls. The area above the half wall will be tough to approach without some sort of floating panel of sorts. Without being there and/or measurements, it's hard to tell...
  5. H

Nice and thank you for the clear photos! Definitely some side and rear reflection points on the wall that can be addressed that should help a lot more than cellular shades. You can get nicely-designed panels to fit in with the decor, or something more neutral but still compatible like the...
  6. H

It's a hard, flat surface which is capable of some reflections, and one of the hardest things to relocate or change about a room. Also a huge impact on the look and feel of it, so I can appreciate the challenge. The opposing wall as @LTig mentioned would be a good place to consider as well (if...
  7. H

Amazon Dialogue Boost

It would be nice for them to spend a little time creating some sort of default offset/difference for streaming/Blu-Ray mastering. It may not be perfect every time, but it would help a lot I imagine.
  8. H

Amazon Dialogue Boost

This is why I got a good 3-way centre channel (and increased it's gain by 1dB in my AVR after room correction). It definitely made a notable difference, but it shouldn't have been "necessary". I 100% agree that it should be improved on the production side first.
  9. H

Feedback for Modifications to VTV 3-Channel Amp and Buzz on Trigger Off

I tried swapping the trigger so my second stereo amp for 2 of my channels triggers the VTV after it is triggered by the AVR, let's see how that works. It's strange that it shows up after some time of being on and used.
  10. H

Yeah I'm glad I was able to identify and (mostly) address everything. Interestingly, I'm noticing that the case is getting quite hot (not skin burning but quite close I think, gonna get a thermometer to check) and when it gets to a certain point, a very high pitched hum/whine comes from just...
  11. H

Does your house wiring supply enough power for your audio system?

I remember running a beefy extension cord from the kitchen to the living room at a friend's place because the only outlet near his home theater area was on the same line as his office and bedroom. When the home theater was going and enough usage was happening at the same time in the other rooms...
  12. H

Amplifier Case Design Options

Nice, thanks for sharing that! Sent you a PM to chat a bit more, would be happy to take a look.
  13. H

Thank you all, all great points and some things I didn't think of! To address some things: -If it is the smooth option, I will be using heatsinks mounted to the base with vent holes specifically placed to direct airflow up and through the fins and out the top of the case vents -The cooling...
  14. H

Great point and I edited that into the initial post -- I'd definitely use the sidewall heatsinks to mount the modules to if that's the design I move forward with. If not, I will still be heatsinking the modules and vertically mounting them to the chassis (either direct or with a mounting plate...
  15. H

Hello ASR, Hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful week of weather (depending on your location, I suppose). I'm looking at a couple different case designs for an upcoming DIY project, and will likely be using it as direct reference for an upcoming launch offering fully assembled Hypex and...
  16. H

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

Anyone know if the heatsinks are just directly screwed into the bottom of the case using these holes (assuming they're mirrored on the bottom and threaded there but not sure). Also curious about the type of metal they're using for the AC shielding and if there is a practical reason/advantage...
  17. H

Edit: connected it up and I can say that the constant low-level buzz from the speakers seem to have been reduced (again, could be placebo) but still not eliminated. I can't imagine it's just a characteristic of the amp modules, but I could be wrong. Also not sure if something else in the setup...
  18. H

Active bass module plans (for Directiva and more)

This is awesome, love this idea and approach! A DIY subwoofer is definitely on my list, I'd love to add one beside the couch. I've got 2x SB1000 right now and they are surprisingly quite powerful and impactful. Butkickers are probably a better idea for feel and because I'm in a condo, but it's...
  19. H

After a bit of other things to take care of, I got around to finishing (I think) this up: -I installed new Neutrik screw-post XLR connectors and ensured to properly bundled the (entire) copper shielding of the input cable and used heatshrink to make it clean -shortened the input cables and...
  20. H

Ah I found it! 15th week of 2019! The NC502MP is much newer, 43rd week of 2022. I suppose the former is less popular. I wonder if this could be the culprit of some of the strangeness, and maybe why the 502 is not the same. I also notice a bit more noise with the constant hum out of the mono...
Top Bottom