Search results

1. D

Help with Star Grounding

ok, after reviewing a number of threads, i have a general understanding of what my star grounding should look like however, after seeing a number of different diagrams, there seems to be some slight conflict good thread here , one of the later and final diagrams (ignoring the fact that they...
  2. D

need to rent a room calibration expert

is this even a thing? i know you could get back in the day people to come over and calibrate your tv, but is there such a service of someone who really knows rew, rephase, eapo that i can meet with (zoom, teams, whatever) that can help calibrate a room? there are a ton of resources, i've read...
  3. D

Tarkus Build Thread

well, it only took a year, but here we are *skip if easily bored* i've got a heck of a theater setup in the basement with (3) DIYSG Fusion 8's, (3) magnus-12 front array, (2) Volt 6's, (4) infinity 1262s nearfield htpc --> udac8 --> diy unbal to bal converter with THAT1646 --> inuke3000dsp...
  4. D

L20.5 BOM or Help Identifying Parts

hey all repairing a blown L20.5 and need some help plan to get some real toshiba transistors, as well as test each of the components does someone have a L20.5 BOM? or can you help me identify these parts? (marked in red) have no markings, they dont measure any level of resistance, and my MM...
  5. D

PreOut Voltage Question

so, it appears there is now an option these days on the miniDSPs to get 2Vrms out of them, which for many years was not the case for those who have had the 0.9Vrms output, and have had amplifiers downstream that need 1.4-1.8Vrms to hit peak output, what options are available to people to boost...
  6. D

distance from power supply to amp modules

hey all, have (2) L20.5 amp modules, and (2) SMPS to power them. is there a required distance they should be away from one another in the same enclosure? the amp modules will be mounted vertically on the enclosure's side heat sinks, while the SMPS will be mounted horizontally (so perpendicular...
  7. D

FS: def tech tower amplifier boards

hey there have two def tech tower amplifiers that dont work 100% (pulled from two BP7006) they make noise, just not a lot of it. one outputs about 80%, the other like 20% i already replaced a bank of caps on the board, but didnt seem to fix the issue. i suspect the main caps may be the issue...
  8. D

FS: Icepower 500A and 250A

hey there, have two modules 500A, i hooked the power input and speaker output backwards. not sure what that would have killed, but if you have the knowledge to fix, by all means 250A, was used for about a year to power a JL8w7 both will require an ASP module to power, or stand alone power...
  9. D

Definitive Technology (Def Tech) BP7006/BP7004/BP7002 - BP8954MOD

BLOWN/BUSTED Definitive Technology (Def Tech) BP7006/BP7004/BP7002 Amp Module? - Read On (BP8954MOD) so i stumbled into some bp7006s in a nice package deal i tested them in person only to find that the output on one of them was limited, and the other appeared fine upon further inspection when...
  10. D

Def Tech DIY Mod (TDA8954TH) - Preamp Question

hey all so i snagged up a pair of def tech bp7006s as part of a 5.1 system. for literally no reason other than it was just too good of a deal to pass up ($150 for the entire haul) the internal amps are shot there are some nice toroidal transformers in these things (49.5-24-0-24-49.5) with no...
  11. D

What class amp in an avr and can diy be a marked improvement?

sorry for the lengthy title, this is really more a multi tiered question the amp sections in an avr, they are based on a class-? design. a/b? h? a?....I assume a/b? and generally are they shit? what do they even do within their model lines for the improved power? better transformer? more heat...
Top Bottom