Search results

1. H

AVR vs Stereo pre-amp (x6700h v. C658)

In both cases I was thinking to use Dirac for Room Correction and play straight through the receiver/preamp. Regarding the speakers, I’ve not so long upgraded to Elac FS 409 and have no plans to change/upgrade. Room - also putting up some acoustic panels.
  2. H

AVR vs Stereo pre-amp (x6700h v. C658)

Hi all, I’m interested to understand how Denon AVR-x6700h receiver would stand against stereo pre-amp NAD C658 - for listening 2.0 music (in terms of sound)? Looking at measurements technically the receiver had better measurements than NAD. I’m not sure what other aspects to take here in order...
  3. H

CD Player / Transport with Digital Out

Hey all, As I just found - a CD Player without DAC is called CD Transport, which then has only digital outputs. So, if taking in consideration lets say a Blu-ray player with only digital outputs e.g. Sony UBP-X700, will it provide the same quality as McIntosh MCT80 to my DAC? If not, what I...
  4. H

Balanced Amp + DAC. Best Value Combo?

Thanks, I saw that as well, I've wrote them asking whether we can get a similar discount on .eu website, lets see what's the response. I was researching a lot this weekend, watched every video and read every review on RME ADI-2. Its quite a piece of equipment. I understand that from the...
  5. H

Thanks for the articles. I do like tiny bit of EQ. Just found out about RME ADI-2 DAC FS. It's being sold here for €950, so it costs almost the same as Combo 2 mentioned before and it's cheaper than the other ones (taking into consideration that I would get some €50 XLR cables). This also looks...
  6. H

I'm actually dying to get something as soon as possible (possibly order over this weekend) :) its been almost 2 months when my system is broken. But I saw that A30 Pro looked very promising, sad that there isn't any date available yet. Noted regarding sound signatures. Regarding Sabaj D5, I...
  7. H

Combo 0 = €771 SMSL SU-9 SMSL SH-9 Its a beautiful stack and great value, though the balance option is gone here. I am learning everyday here something new, although as of now I'm not sure whether this balanced connection between SU-9 and SP400 would benefit me now or possibly later.
  8. H

Hi all, my SMSL M500 went down, fortunately amazon will reimburse everything back. I've started to look at my new AMP + DAC combo. I wrote down these combos below with my region prices. All of those seem to be best of the best in terms of measurements. Though, possibly some of personal...
  9. H

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

Beginners question :) Frequency specs of this amp: Balanced frequencies bracket is much smaller. How does this affect headphones, if headphones frequencies are 8 Hz - 55 kHz? if I check SMSL SP400 amp, it says it has 0.1 Hz - 500kHz frequency response. I understand that most people don't...
  10. H

Reference Quality Electronic Music

My favourite genre. A lot of known stuff here being shared, though still found something knew and fun in this thread: Nils Frahm - All Armed Siriusmo - Itchy / Cornerboy Gus Gus - Anthem Knew all of those artists, but somehow never came across those tracks. Thanks who shared. From my side, I...
  11. H

Recommendation request thread

Country: EU - DK Budget: 1000$-1300$ (800€-1100€) Form factor: over ear (closed / open) Use case: enjoying music sound signature: Clarity with a slam - punchy bass, with sub-bass present. other comments: Preferably not Sennheiser. Amp will be getting soon, so it will depend on the headphones...
  12. H

ERA-1 Upgrade for Electronic Music (to have some nice sub-bass)

Thanks, I been looking at Aeon 2 Noire or Audeze LCD-2C and possibly getting amplifier SMSL SH-9 to run it. I should check the differences between Aeon RT and Aeon 2 Noire.
  13. H

SMSL SH-9 THX Headphone Amplifier Review

Anybody knows where in EU its being sold? I just found audiophonics.fr which don't have it in stock at the moment.
  14. H

ERA-1 Upgrade for Electronic Music (to have some nice sub-bass)

Hi all, My ERA-1 just broke down and to my surprise the company where I bought them went to bankruptcy last month. I'm not sure if Quad could help in these kind of cases? In any case, it will take a long time before I could listen them again, so I'm looking for some new headphones. I enjoyed...
  15. H

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

Has anybody tried buying from monoprice.eu? Is this official website? :) It lacks a lot of basic info, delivery time, faq, etc. and no info on the web about this.
Top Bottom