Search results

1. Thunder

Best budget studio monitors?

Thank you for your answers! I might consider getting the JBLs again or maybe try the Kalis then. Would they be good connected to a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen?
  2. Thunder

I had and liked them, then I sold everything and now I want to get a pair of studio monitors again. How'd they compare against the ones I mentioned?
  3. Thunder

Budget $200 for each Some examples: KRK Rokit RP5 G4 Yamaha HS 5 Adam T5V
  4. Thunder

Bookshelf speakers vs studio monitors for just entertainment?

Any particular reason to get the Adams vs the KRK? Thanks.
  5. Thunder

I like bass but I'm not a basshead, it's ok.
  6. Thunder

Which balanced cable do I need to connect a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 to a pair of KRK Rokit RP5 G4?

The interface has two 1/4 inch output lines, one for each speaker and the KRKs have one XLR female and 1/4 inch combined input each one. Would this be good? It's a XLR Male to 1/4 inch TRS balanced cable...
  7. Thunder

Thank you for your answers friends. I asked because I read in some places that bookshelf speakers provide, compared to studio monitors of a better listening experience because they are made for that purpose, as opposed to studio monitors which are designed for music production and flat response...
  8. Thunder

Is there anything I'll be missing if I get studio monitors instead of good bookshelf speakers for my needs?
  9. Thunder

I'll be using them with my PC to listen to music, watch movies, play games always at nearfield position and I'd like a very good sound quality, I won't be doing any music production, mixing, recording... I have no specific budget. I'm giving 2 examples. Speakers: ELAC Debut 2.0 B5.2...
  10. Thunder

Would the KRK Rokit RP5 G4 + Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen be a good combination for a budget entertainment setup?

Thank you for your answers. @stemfencer I used to have a pair of JBLs 305P MkII with the Topping DX7 Pro and I liked them a lot, but I sold everything because I needed the money, I wanted to see if I went back to regular speakers I'd be happy with them and I learned that my DAC was much better...
  11. Thunder

Would the KRK Rokit RP5 G4 + Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen be a good combination for a budget entertainment setup?

Would you recommend me grabbing some of these instead of some studio monitors then? https://www.amazon.com/Edifier-Bookshelf-Subwoofer-Bluetooth-Wireless/dp/B077Y6PHKQ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=AYC5MGD9YIYD&keywords=edifier+2.1&qid=1655209515&sprefix=edififer+2.1%2Caps%2C155&sr=8-4
  12. Thunder

Thank you for your answer friend. I live in a second floor and below me there's a dental clinic, I don't want to bother anyone so I'm not interested in using a sub. Now that I asked about the KRK and the Kali and JBL you mentioned: Compared to let's say the Genelec 8040/8030/83XX series would...
  13. Thunder

I want to upgrade to studio monitors for my gaming setup, I play games, watch movies, listen to music and I'd like the best audio quality possible for my budget (500€), although I don't have a limited/specific budget, it's an objective for me and I could save money if it'd be worth it to get...
  14. Thunder

Best speakers for the Topping D90SE?

:facepalm: Thanks for the clarification haha
  15. Thunder

I'm still undecided but I'm more inclined towards getting the 8030 or 8040 Are the 8030C and the 8030 CP the same model?
  16. Thunder

Could you explain SPL and GLM for beginners?
Top Bottom