Search results

1. exRanger

New French on line !

Welcome to ASR, fellow French denizen. American expat here, living in France since 2014. Re: Shakespeare's English No need to take it to that level; most native English speakers living @ present day would be unlikely to understand your messages if you were to trot out Shakespearen English. (-;
  2. exRanger

Newbie from France

Welcome Novak from a fellow French denizen (American expat, actually). Enjoy the forums.
  3. exRanger

Musical Instruments forum/area

This ^^ is an element I have felt was the case for many years, but wasn't certain owing to my personal auditory deficiencies (partial deafness from explosions/unprotected firefight in US Army circa late 1970s and now, in my sixth decade, ever-advancing tinnitus).
  4. exRanger

What lossy codec do you use

Many thanks for the reply, I appreciate this information.
  5. exRanger

The NAS element is still (!) something I need to pursue, as it is something friends @ other forums have been using for up to 4-5 years by now and yet I've sat on the fence, backing up lossless -- including damned large hi-rez FLAC data -- to an array of (I think I'm up to 12TB worth) hard drives...
  6. exRanger

Is that so? If yes, it is amazing.
  7. exRanger

Thank you to Amirm

Fully seconded/thirded/etc'd. I have been @ this site for only about a week and have already found much information that is not only interesting and informative but even beneficial. Generally material of high quality that reflects the serious commitment of the membership to the main focus of...
  8. exRanger

^^^ So I guess this "FLAC effect" I experience is a nod at the psychoacoustic qualities of certain music, certain sound quality (lossless), how I "think" I hear it, and the benefit(s) I derive from this effect.
  9. exRanger

While I never listen to "lossy" codecs @ my home systems, I do, in order to fit a bit more material onto the device and because the listening stakes aren't high, listen to Lame MP3 (HQ) 320 CBR on my portable SANSA Clip + players (I have 4), each of which is loaded up w/ music intended for...
  10. exRanger

Seems this subforum, among other things, is the place for 'new member' Introductions, so...

Hey, thanks for posting the link, don't think I've evenr seen this one.
  11. exRanger

Seems this subforum, among other things, is the place for 'new member' Introductions, so...

The work of the U.S. Army Ranger unit, which was established in (roughly) 1620, was @ its conception intended to patrol between fixed points (i.e., bases) of operation and enemy lines, i.e., reconnaissance. The particular type of unit to which I was assigned in the late 1970s was called an LRRP...
  12. exRanger

That could be a very interesting topic.
  13. exRanger

The big J-185 is a fine acoustic.
  14. exRanger

Today's Streaming Radio Playlist

Казачье Радио
  15. exRanger

Today's Russo-Soviet Folk, Rock, Jazz, Etc. Playlist

Казачье Радио
  16. exRanger

A bit about your host....

Say it ain't so!
  17. exRanger

A bit about your host....

W@W - now that's what I call an Introductory post!
  18. exRanger

Lookin' round for it, not finding it. maybe there isn't a subforum dedicated to Musical Instruments @ ASR? It'd be cool if there was and I'd sure inhabit that place. Just a thought (suggestion?).
Top Bottom