Search results

1. B

New home theatre speaker layout question

I honestly don’t know if there's benefit to 6 ceiling speakers--functioning as atmos ceiling speakers--in your space. However, if I was after reproduction of the atmos experience I would not try to route rear surround signals to the ceiling as that will distort the panning and placement of...
  2. B

Agreed. The wild card is the knowledge, diligence, and professionalism of the installer. The other considerations in my mind would be 1) how often the rear seats closest to the speakers would truly be in use, 2) how much the occupants of those seats would care, and 3) whether the Denon allows...
  3. B

The only way anyone can answer your question is to layout the speakers to ensure compliance with Dolby guidelines. Your installer should be designing the speaker layout to comply with Dolby's guidelines. If they aren't, see my first post. I pressume Dolby is only suggesting layouts that offer...
  4. B

Hello and welcome! A few things... 1) I would recommend checking out the Dolby Atmos installation guides (both the home and studio guides) as well as the Home Theater Gurus YouTube channel for placement guidelines. If the installer is not following (or won't follow) the guidelines as closely...
  5. B

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

I'll say up front that I believe I would be totally satisfied with the output of these Blades. Also, there's nothing to suggest that these speakers could only play cleanly up to 102db per speaker. KEF specs claim a maximum output (SPL) (peak sound pressure level at 1m with pink noise) of 116dB...
  6. B

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

Same for dealer show rooms. I've heard the same objectively high performing speakers in different rooms go from "wow" to "meh", and vice versa. From a tonality perspective an objectively higher performing speaker still sounds better in a good room or bad room than a lower performing speaker...
  7. B

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

Having experienced both room types with a speaker that adapts to the room, I can say from experience that you may not be making a safe assumption. If the room will be a normally furnished room, sure, you may not need any special treatment, but if it's closer to a dedicated theater/listening...
  8. B

Ken Fritz - Audiophile Documentary

I don't doubt he spent that much in aggregate, but the article alludes to nearly constant rework (think: sunk costs and 'wasted' investment, err... I mean R&D); likely only a small portion of any million dollar expenditure was present in the final system. But that doesn't make for a good...
  9. B

Can you tell which headphone is more compliant to Harman Research?

Same. The bump centered around 200hz in headphone 2's response has turned me off to other headphones. More bass (as opposed to the bass deficiency in headphone 1) might have been weighted more heavily in favor of headphone 2, along with better compliance through the critical upper mids. But...
  10. B

Can you tell which headphone is more compliant to Harman Research?

I was contemplating possible answers, when I submitted a response on accident. That said, I could think of possible reasons that would lead me to conclude any of the three answers could be correct. Translation? I don't know the answer.
  11. B

Music For Testing Bass

Lorde - Royals [Dramatic and spacious room filling bass, particularly the 20 seconds starting at ~2:24] James Arthur - Naked (Acoustic Version) [Organ pedal notes beginning around 2 minutes into the track] James Taylor - Gaia [Cinematic drums at 4:07; also contains infrasound for systems with...
  12. B

miniDSP Dirac Live causing imaging problems

Yes. Multiple times. This is a known issue. Make sure your mic isn't too close to the wall right behind the MLP; if the problem persists, contact Dirac tech support.
  13. B

Looking for recommendations: 4k Blu-ray with an app/control over IP

Good thought, and I believe it would, though I want a stand alone player.
  14. B

Looking for recommendations: 4k Blu-ray with an app/control over IP

As the title says, I'm looking for a 4k Blu-ray player that has a) an android mobile app for control, or b) integration capability for two-way control over IP, or c) ideally both. I'll be using it for redbook CD and DVD/Blu-ray/4k Blu-ray playback. Atmos, Dolby Vision and related HDR support...
  15. B

Blind test listening results by professional audio engineers in the Los Angeles area

Sure doesn't. Being an expert can make one even more vulnerable.
  16. B

Blind test listening results by professional audio engineers in the Los Angeles area

Yeah, could be a more interesting/informative discussion with some real numbers to contemplate.
  17. B

I think the most interesting comments are being ignored here, possibly because they don't fit our narrative. "a few Sapphire members admitted they couldn’t really hear much or any difference at all." Apparently not everyone fell to expectation bias, and it may not--in fact--be as universal as...
  18. B

Standard REW graph settings?

I adjusted the subwoofer/mains delay, remeasured, and then the timing tool suggested a different delay. Very confusing. No change in the audible experience that I can key in on. Also, I've added a rug with padding that brought the elevated decay times down in the elevated ranges, bringing...
Top Bottom