Search results

1. jannek

Moondrop x Crinacle DUSK

I suppose it's due to the used Bluetooth codec. A brick wall like this is typical for AAC (at 17kHz to be precise).
  2. jannek

Topping E2x2 Audio Interface Review

Audible transparency may be an argument for a device used only for recording and listening, but the analog output of this must also be seen as a signal generator and reference if the device is used for measuring. And in a loopback measurement the very good ADC is limited by the output of the...
  3. jannek

Topping E2x2 Audio Interface Review

Such a pity Topping did not build this with a DAC SINAD like we're used to from them. With a DAC like D10s and the given headphone amp and ADC this would be a noBrainer. Even if more expensive.
  4. jannek

Topping BC3 Review (Bluetooth Receiver) & BT CODECs

I maybe found a pretty interesting device comparable to the BC3 (or even Xduoo XQ50 Pro 2) - the BerryBak BEA1. https://store.sure-electronics.com/product/796 Newer top-of-the-line Bluetooth chipset (also capable of AptX Adaptive and AptX Lossless), USB input, coaxial SPDIF output. Only thing...
  5. jannek

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

I really hope there are no issues as with it's predecessor. But I think Topping has learnt from it...
  6. jannek

Powering an Aeon 2 Noire question

I got my Noire with the Standard unbalanced cable for home use and am using it with a D10b DAC and a SMSL SH-9. Power is absolutely sufficient. For mobile use I added a balanced cable from https://koalaaudiocables.com/ which is pretty decent at a reasonable price. This is used with a Hidizs S9...
  7. jannek

Out for a few more days

What a mess. Take all the time you need. Hope the swarm intelligence of internet forums proves itself once more to be helpful - there's always someone with knowhow or experience.
  8. jannek

Moondrop Blessing 2 vs Dusk

Had several transactions with Shenzhenaudio. No complains at all.
  9. jannek

Alpine PDX-F6 Review (4 channel Car Amplifier)

It's just a little more challengeing. At many modern cars it's possible to grab the audio signal in digital domain from the MOST bus. This is a proper solution at least for DAB radio, CD or playing files from a hard disk. A less optimal solution is grabbing the high level signal, feeding it...
  10. jannek

Alpine PDX-F6 Review (4 channel Car Amplifier)

Glad to see one of the best recent car audio amplifiers tested, proving that there is car audio beyond power levels and boomy subwoofers. If a PDX F6 cannot be found, an Eton Mini 150.4 is a proper alternative still available. I don't know how common Eton is in north America, but this would...
  11. jannek

Moondrop Blessing 2 vs Dusk

I owned the dusks and was deeply in love with its sound quality, but had to sell them for comfort reasons - the nozzle is way too big (6,5mm) for my ear canal. So if you have rather small ear canals better don't buy any of them. Because of identical drivers the technicalities of them should be...
  12. jannek

SounDigital SD300.2D Review (Car Amplifier)

There MUST be someone in north America owning an Alpine PDX F6 to send it to Amir?! Let alone an Eton Core A2...
  13. jannek

Does Quality of Coax Input Matter for DACs?

No, sorry. I just had a look in the manual and found out that the DSP uses a SRC4382. The TI datasheet lists jitter attenuation under the features. For judging the DSP/DAC part only it would be necessary to grab the signal between DSP and amp - no idea if someone has done this yet.
  14. jannek

As far as I found out (at least in my case with a hypex fusion FA123) there seems to be some jitter attenuation in the digital receiver/ sample rate converter used for coax/toslink inputs.
  15. jannek

Would this lead to audible degradations?
  16. jannek

These results are pretty calming at least for jitter reduction in DACs. Are they also relevant for a case where the coax out is used to feed a DSP? Is DSP processing influenced by these jitter values? Or does a DSP do a jitter reduction before processing even if staying in digital domain? Or is...
  17. jannek

Tip Tips

Strong recommendation for Dekoni Bulletz. I had the Moondrop Dusk but sold them because of the much too big nozzle for my ears, no matter what tips (Spinfit, Comply 500). Changed to some IEMs with smaller nozzle and Dekoni Bulletz Mercury. Much better comfort.
  18. jannek

Dual DA10004D Review (Car Amplifier)

I think Mercedes Benz has a Burmester branding of its Sound System. I once saw a picture of the speaker hiding behind the speaker cover... I think the cover was a lot more expensive than the speaker itself. :facepalm: The only OEM sound system I heard of to be of good quality is that of Volvo...
  19. jannek

Dual DA10004D Review (Car Amplifier)

Before getting (back) into home hifi I spent about the last ten years with car hifi (sound quality only). Of course there are the "x000 watts" (peak power) amps with fancy blingbling cooling fins and some electronics inside which seem misplaced somehow ... Good example...
  20. jannek

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

Any news concerning a review of the Noire? I'm pretty happy with mine, but a measurement how the new Driver of Aeon2/Noire does compared to its predecessor in the RT would be nice.
Top Bottom