Search results

1. jensgk

Qobuz Connect, Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect, Deezer Connect - Why???

When streaming from the Tidal or Spotify Apps on an iPhone, Chromecast is not gapless, but when streaming a flac file from a PC with foorbar2000 via BubbleUPnP to a Chromecast Audio device, it is gapless. So it depends on the client implementation.
  2. jensgk

Topping D10s noise via Mac mini

How does it look if you measure this: Mac mini->D10s->E1DA->Mac mini ?
  3. jensgk

Apple TV 4K sound quality

That looks great. What HDMI to SPDIF device did you use?
  4. jensgk

Encode audio in S/PDIF format

You should have made that clear. I am not sure you are in the right forum then. ASR is more about end user products, although there is some electronics discussions in few places.
  5. jensgk

Encode audio in S/PDIF format

A RME Babyface (any generation) operating in "Stand alone mode" will achieve that. They have built-in microphone preamp, and the quality is generally very good. The first generation can be found on Ebay.
  6. jensgk

You must have a faulty chromecast.
  7. jensgk

Not if you use digital out.
  8. jensgk

Are there different volume controls in the signal path, when you compare?
  9. jensgk

NAD CS1 Network Streamer Review

The Wiim Pro has Chromecast. As far as I remember, from my time with using Roon, Roon works very well with Chromecast
  10. jensgk

autoeq.app Is a Web Application for Equalizing Headphones the Easy Way

Thank you so much! This is very cool :-) One question: Why does the "EqualizerAPO ParametricEq" parameters change (a little) with Sample Rate? I thought parametric eq was independent of sample rate?
  11. jensgk

JBL 4329p 8”active Studio Monitor series

Also a discussion on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/seanolive_jbl-audioengineering-loudspeakers-ugcPost-7062875390200987649-Lq-q/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop
  12. jensgk

Topping D70 Pro Sabre DAC Review

TIDAL does not have the money: https://gizmodo.com/jack-dorsey-block-tidal-jay-z-music-streaming-1850423469
  13. jensgk

Audio Research in trouble

It seems that Audio Research is in deep trouble: https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/whither-audio-research.36751/
  14. jensgk

MQA entering into administration - comparable to Chapter 11 in the US

But they already stream in lossless CD quality flac for everyone?
  15. jensgk

Budget HD800? Soundstage & comfort recommendation, please!

RTINGS has tried to quantize "soundstage". I find their ordering not bad: https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tests/sound-quality/passive-soundstage
  16. jensgk

Blind Listening Test 2: Neumann KH 80 vs JBL 305p MkII vs Edifier R1280T vs RCF Arya Pro5

Great test! I would love to see a graph with the measured in-room response for each speaker in the same graph. It would give an idea about: * how similar they are or how they diverge from each other. * if the volume level is mostly the same. * how much influence the room has.
  17. jensgk

ES9069Q & ES9039Q2M announced

What is very nice: The ES9069Q & ES9039Q2M also have programmable FIR filters for the most discerning of audio enthusiasts and professionals. What is not nice: The ES9069Q has an integrated licensed and standard compliant MQA native hardware renderer reducing the decoding demand on the...
  18. jensgk

How bad can this CD player with optical out be for $70

According to some Amazon reviews it sometimes skips a few seconds from the beginning of the first track and also does not have gapless playback.
  19. jensgk

How bad can this CD player with optical out be for $70

Some things to consider, besides bit perfect play back, are: * How long does it take for it to start playing after disc is inserted? * How long does it take to skip to next track? * Does it support gapless playback?
Top Bottom