Search results

1. A

Streamer vs Computer

I use JRemote very effectively to control JRiver. It’s a great app. The laptop is hidden in a cabinet as there’s no need to access it directly. I also store all my music on a NAS which is in a different room, connected via WiFi. I too am curious about streamers, but I can’t understand what...
  2. A

This is how you make bagels...

Well, I’m a big fan of Ess-a bagels having eaten them in NYC and through Goldbelly delivery. I often order a dozen around valentines as a treat for the family. I was really intrigued by the video, and the passion of the folks at Utopia. So this year I tried those bagels through Goldbelly. Yes...
  3. A

How To Run Speakers From Both AVR For HT and AMP/DAC For Stereo Music?

I have an AVR that I use for both stereo listening and movies. When listening to stereo it’s in analog direct mode bypassing DSP. In that mode the stereo signal is fed from an external high quality DAC into the AVR analog input. So the AVR is acting like a preamp. I have 150W of class G...
  4. A

Apt Holman Preamplifier Review (vintage Audio)

I too owned this preamp, with the Hafler amp, which I purchased and built in kit form. That saved me some money! I ultimately sold the Hafler when I upgraded my ADS L710 speakers to the L1590s with the PA-1 biamp module option, which neatly fit into a recess in the back of those towers.
  5. A

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

Is it a fully “balanced” architecture internally or just outputs like so many other AVRs and AVPs?
  6. A

Benefit from DAC balanced to pre/amp single-ended?

Greetings! I own a Schiit Gungnir multibit DAC that includes both balanced and single-ended outputs. Since I’m using an AVR for my stereo (in stereo direct mode, with no DSP) and multichannel needs (for movies, with DSP), my only input option To the AVR is RCA. And that’s how I’ve had it set up...
Top Bottom