Search results

1. Pirx

Luxman SQ-N150 Review (Tube Amplifier)

The 2nd harmonic should not dominate in properly designed Push-Pull construction. This is kind of operation where the 2nd harmonic from both EL84 should cancel in output transformer and we should see the 3rd dominating, but ofc much, much lower than this Luxman. That amplifier should not...
  2. Pirx

Luxman SQ-N150 Review (Tube Amplifier)

I strongly disagree and I'm surprised you end with such conclusion. When you measure crap made from silicon you never wrote "the problem is using silicon technology". Why? It's obvious, because it is not true. So please, be more precise - as long as you don't know schematics, details about used...
  3. Pirx

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Great device I wanted to try, but that price in EU ... Almost twice as much as in US ... :facepalm:
  4. Pirx

Daphile, Digital Music Convenience for Audiophiles

Thanks somebodyelse - it really works !
  5. Pirx

That is exactly what comes to my mind - it should be there from the beginning, you can even setup "HDD spin-down" so why not suspend whole server? What is also odd - digging over net I couldn't find anyone else who was worrying about it in Daphile ... :facepalm:
  6. Pirx

I had a server with LMS on old Win7 (on Lenovo T61) that could suspend itself after switching off the last player. With the WakeOnLan function every player could wake up the server. Daphile can be manually suspended and ofc player is waking it up. But where or how can I set Daphile to auto...
  7. Pirx

Tube Rolling: Does it Make a Difference?

Indeed, CF would be better, but they are proud of producing even 3 V at the output of this DAC - so probably tube amplifies signal. I cannot understand why and how they decided "this is it, let's sell it" ? I have made many tube amplifiers for myself, some were really bad, but I would never...
  8. Pirx

Tube Rolling: Does it Make a Difference?

There must be something wrong with topology of tube stage. PCM1704 is really great DAC, and simple tube stage shouldn't be so bad. I wonder what is going on there, anyone has a schematic?
  9. Pirx

Focal Utopia Review (Headphone)

Connectors are here to buy (sure, not cheap and only silver version) https://www.tme.eu/pl/details/fgg0b302clad52z/zlacza-lemo/lemo/fgg-0b-302-clad52z/
  10. Pirx

Focal Utopia Review (Headphone)

Thanks for that review, I know how Focal Utopia sounds, and I'm surprised that anybody can complain for an amount of bass there. For me it is good enough with extreme clarity that even Stax SR-009 cannot provide in this area. I also love the precision in stereo image - no idea what ppl expect...
  11. Pirx

Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier Review & Comparison

So the whole story should have topic: "How not to test amplifiers designed to work with only electrostatic headphones" ? How to properly test is still "under construction" ?
  12. Pirx

All About Daft Punk

I had no idea about that video. I watched it and I think it is really nicely done. Interesting choice to make a video for the whole album. Thanks. Tron Legacy soundtrack is incredible good ! It is also good to remove some dust from the woofers and subwoofers ;)
Top Bottom