Search results

1. turbotuff

Mackie HR824 MK1 Studio Monitors: Factory Anechoic + In-Room Measurements

I have four original Made in USA Mackie HR824 monitors so I figured I should do some measurements on them to see how consistent the factory calibration is on them. Two of the speakers are from 1999 and two are from 2000. I've attached an overlay of my 4 speaker measurements trying to keep levels...
  2. turbotuff

Recommended inexpensive XLR or TRS cables?

Hi there, I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations for balanced audio cables that are inexpensive? I picked up a pair of cheap powered studio monitors for garage use and need a couple balanced 25' cables to hook them to my DAC. Any thoughts? Thanks!!
  3. turbotuff

Recommended subwoofer with L/R XLR ins and outs?

Hi there, wondering if anyone can recommend a decent subwoofer in the $500-700ish range with L/R XLR ins and outs to be used with a pair of Mackie HR824 studio monitors? Thanks!
  4. turbotuff

Garage Speakers - Kali LP8 vs JBL EON610?

I know these two are different being studio monitors vs portable PA speakes. But they both measure extremely well from what I've seen and both can be had for $400 to 500. Just throwing ideas out there. I would consider JBL 305P as they would be the most affordable validated option but I'm...
  5. turbotuff

Mackie HR824s with Soncoz LA-QXD1, -10dBv or +4dBu?

Hi there. I'm using a pair of Mackie HR 824 powered studio monitors coming straight out of my LA-QXD1 DAC via XLR. My Mackies have adjustable input gain from -10dBv to +4dBu. Which setting would be correct for use with my Soncoz DAC via XLR? Thanks!
  6. turbotuff

Affordable audio interface for sonarworks mic?

Hi there I was wondering if you could recommend an affordable audio interface to be used with the Sonarworks mic for room correction. Unfortunately my UMIK-1 won't work with sonarworks, so I need to use their XLR mic which requires an audio interface with +48v Phantom Power and 44.1 kHz sample...
  7. turbotuff

Passive bookshelf for near field/desktop listening?

Hi guys, wondering if you can recommend a good near field / desktop bookshelf speaker? I currently have a big pair of Canton speakers but I think they are a bit much for my room size and don't have room to open up. I thought about something like a JBL 4408, or maybe some smaller canton's or ADS...
  8. turbotuff

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Toslink audio cut out issues with TV

Has anyone had issues with Toslink audio through their LA-QXD1? I'm getting random cut-outs with mine, hooked via Toslink from my LG TV. Audio via USB is totally fine, however. And I know it's not the TV, as I just hooked up my old Schiit Modi 3 via Toslink and it was perfectly fine, with no...
  9. turbotuff

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Toslink audio cut out issues with TV

Has anyone had issues with Toslink audio through their LA-QXD1? I'm getting random cut-outs with mine, hooked via Toslink from my LG TV. Audio via USB is totally fine, however. And I know it's not the TV, as I just hooked up my old Schiit Modi 3 via Toslink and it was perfectly fine, with no...
  10. turbotuff

Mac bit rate settings?

I just received my Soncoz LA-QXD1 and I'm having trouble with the bit rate on my Mac. I have it set to 32 bit/768 in my midi setup, although Amazon HD shows device capability as 24bit/768. Additionally, I am unable to get sound via Google Chrome when the bitrate is set this way. Any insight...
  11. turbotuff

Schiit Modius vs Soncoz LA-QXD1 vs SMSL M300 MKII?

These all seem to be the closest competitors to each other in the $200 price range with being a high performing balanced DAC. I'm having a hard time making a decision between the three, was hoping maybe you guys could help me make a decision. I'm also open to other products in the same price...
  12. turbotuff

Topping D90 vs Denafrips Ares II?

Obviously these two are very different in that the D90 is a DS DAC, whereas the Denafrips is an R2R. They're both around the same price and both test very well. Anyone have experience with both? Looking to make an upgrade from my Modi 3. All help is greatly appreciated!
Top Bottom