Search results

1. M

Power Amp Disappointment

I never had the chance to hear the Teac, really poor customer service in Japan in that respect... Audio quality wise, March Audio has become my 'end game' for almost everything now.
  2. M

Speaker stand advice request

Belated updated: because of significant delays due to the Atacama stands being in back-order, I decided to get Solidsteel SS stands instead. They were more expensive, but glad I went with these for aesthetic reasons (understand they might not be to everyone's taste). I filled them (although not...
  3. M

March Audio Sointuva

Thanks for the great advice, and glad your dog seem fine with the music now :) Yes, I think it's the loud noise from the speaker calibration. He was bothered by the pink noise, and got worse when I increased the volume. When I did the sweeps he got even worse. It was just hard for me to tell...
  4. M

March Audio Sointuva

It's a Mame Shiba, small version of a Shiba Inu. He has regular checkups and is in good health, but he also has a full health check in the next couple of weeks and I'll bring up the speakers to the vet if he is still acting up about it.
  5. M

March Audio Sointuva

So I spent all day in the other room. As soon as I walked into the room with my dog he already started acting like I was going to make some bad noises happen! I put some music through the speakers and he started circle pacing again and trembling - so he's probably associated the speakers with...
  6. M

March Audio Sointuva

Nice :) I'm sure my dog would get used to it over time, he is a bit of a wimp though and scares very easily! March Audio very kindly helped me figure out where I went wrong with my MMM measurement attempt. I can probably get it up and running fairly quickly, so tempted to ask my wife to take my...
  7. M

March Audio Sointuva

Cute! Thanks, I will keep an eye on him, but so far the behavior seems to correlate with when I take the measurements. At first I thought it was because he recently came back from the pet hotel, but he starting behaving normally again before I ran this latest test. So far today he's his usual...
  8. M

March Audio Sointuva

That may be the case if he volume isn't crazy high - the volume I'm using for measurements is louder than anything my dog would have experienced in the apartment by a long way.
  9. M

March Audio Sointuva

He's probably unsure of the speakers now because of the measurements, I'll have to see how he reacts when I just play music through them now. Before I did the measurements I played music for 2-3 hours and he slept through most of it and seemed fine when he was awake.
  10. M

March Audio Sointuva

Agree! I had no idea it would freak him out so much.
  11. M

March Audio Sointuva

I agree regarding placement, and furniture etc. However as this is a shared roomed and not a dedicated listening room, there isn't much I can do here. Thanks for all of your help and advice!
  12. M

March Audio Sointuva

And for @dualazmak (and others) if you are interested to see the previous measurement I took with Psychoacoustic smoothing you can see it below (previous was 1/6): March Audio's advice based on my measurements was to play about with positioning to the back wall, so I'll be doing this when I...
  13. M

March Audio Sointuva

So I had a go at the MMM in a really small window of opportunity today and wasn't able to configure it correctly for some reason, the results just didn't make any sense whatsoever and I just didn't have the time to troubleshoot. Sorry guys, but looks like I'm not going to be able to do any more...
  14. M

March Audio Sointuva

Quick question regarding doing the MMM. Should I do this for the L and R speakers independently, then another measurement of them both? Or with this method should I just do both?
  15. M

March Audio Sointuva

March Audio wanted to let me know that measuring using white noise won't be an issue if using SPL at the sensitivity of the speaker. It's "just more unpleasant to listen to". Based on what he said I have no problem running the test when I get a chance.
  16. M

March Audio Sointuva

I'll give it a try when I get chance with pink noise and white noise, being wary of volumes for the white noise. It may not be for a week or 2 that I'm able to do this.
  17. M

March Audio Sointuva

Thanks for the heads up. If I do attempt this I'd be careful with volumes and also start with pink noise.
  18. M

March Audio Sointuva

I forgot to mention that I completely agree with this. I don't really hear the bumps and troughs in the lower frequencies to the extent shown with something like 1/6th smoothing. Psychoacoustic smoothing far more closely matches what I hear in the low end.
  19. M

March Audio Sointuva

Nice - black or some sort of dark wood would look great!
Top Bottom