Search results

1. D

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

Yeah, but how's the AM radio? Glad it's not too bad, but I'm a bit disappointed in this amp, even so. Tiny class D amps like the Aiyima at $65 do better. Although that particular one has less power.
  2. D

Juson Audio JTA35 Tube Amplifier, DAC & HP Amp Review

It's nice to know that this attractive piece of junk electronics is made by honest people. No one said it was easy!
  3. D

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

At home? :) But, yeah, car stereo is an awfully common experience. Reminds me of a old guy I met years ago, god bless him, who for music generally listened to 8-tracks in his van in his garage. I do not think he visits this site.
  4. D

Cayin Mini-CD MKII CD Player Review

Yeah yeah but look the third harmonic is euphonic, so this eliminates the need for the tube preamp.
  5. D

Nordost SuperFlatLine Speaker Cable Review

It's a perfect match for a tube amp.
  6. D

Sonance DSP 2-150 Amplifier Review

I'd give ya $300 for it. For $1200 a mini dsp flex and an ncore amp best it by miles, no?
  7. D

What do you suggest for portable speaker

Wonderboom 2 is good for size and cost at < $100. This is the size a softball, has a battery that will last hours, produces enough sound to use outdoors, waterproof, and brings deep shame on a cellphone's and laptops sound.
  8. D

This seems like a good place to ask for suggestions: inexpensive but decent "Bluetooth" speaker?

I've recently bought a second wonderboom 2. It's a great balance of size, convenience (like battery life, bluetooth quality, waterproof) sound level, and sound quality.
  9. D

Pass Labs HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

Well, perhaps the folks at Pass Labs (among others) might start engineering paperweights or furniture that, as a bonus, serve to enclose decent electronics kit, say like Topping's? Well, I'm not sure I'd trust the furniture. Maybe a vase as a stretch goal. A nice big vase. Bang and Olufsen's...
  10. D

JBL SDR-35 AVR Review

Just Because Lackluster Sound Doesn't Reduce Audiophile Valuations, Really.
  11. D

Adam A4V Monitor Review

ADAM Designs Accurate Mini-monitors.
  12. D

FiiO BTR7 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

It's Magic. Transformative. And much more expensive.
  13. D

FiiO BTR7 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Performance is ok, but you should have tested this with audiophile grade, low-noise, low-jitter batteries. And batteries made from local organic fruit as well.
  14. D

Sabaj D4 Review (DAC & Amp)

Oh sure, 30 years ago. But when *I* was young, that was LUXURY! I remember my first DAC: it was a large room full of people with abacuses and toggle swithces. Talk about a noisy DAC, you hardly here the music for all the clicking.
  15. D

Schiit Freya+ Pre-amp Review

"Only in audio folks sell muddy water as a better substitute for clean and clear water." It is not really true that this is only in audio. Other examples include...water! https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/1/4/16846048/raw-water-trend-silicon-valley
  16. D

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

Suddenly, fewer babies are named "Dave" and more are named "Topping." "One evening Topping got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful, and Topping sent someone to find out about her. The man said, “She is...
  17. D

Shanling UA2 Review (portable headphone amp & dac)

He was a very funny comedian, and he's dead. It's a mediocre DAC and amp, but can't we give the guy a break?
  18. D

Chord DAVE Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Disappointing And Very Expensive
Top Bottom