Search results

1. fordiebianco

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Hi, the crossovers and tweeters were serviced in 2020, so the internals are sound. They are magnificent beasts, just a very low WAF.
  2. fordiebianco

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Sigh. Does that mean I have to upgrade my 105.1s? Great review, thanks @amirm (and thanks to KEF for taking this site seriously).
  3. fordiebianco

Down4Sound JP95 Car Amplifier Review

In today's world where all audio electronics seem to be integrated behind a large screen, do you still need a third party amplifier? Or would that only fit into your eighties' Suzuki?
  4. fordiebianco

How good is bad? (Raspberry Pi 4B headphone output DAC review)

I have a variety of Pis distributed around the house, all with a Hifiberry dac. They feed the rca or optical input of various REVO sound systems and are working well for that purpose. My main music room at present has a PI as a streamer going into a SMSL dac via USB, feeding two Adam Audio...
  5. fordiebianco

JBL Conceal C83 Invisible Speaker Review

Thank you for another insightful review, @amirm. From what I understand reading your and the other lads' anecdotes the gist is 'Don't care about the sounds as long as reproduction is out of my face' vs 'repreduction is all that matters, whatever visual damage the spakers/gear might incur'. As...
  6. fordiebianco

Fosi Audio SK02 DAC & HP Amp Review

Excellent little gadget and performance absolutely in line with price point, so voted fine. Thanks @amirm and @Fosi Audio .
  7. fordiebianco

Tanchjim Origin IEM Review

Thanks for the review @amirm, looks I will be sticking with my Crinacles. Funnily enough, I recently had the time leisure to have a listening session with my DCA Aeons, and what a difference to in ear headphones. So much more comfy and such an improved experience.
  8. fordiebianco

JBL Conceal C62 Invisible Speaker Review

Good Morning, many thanks for the test @amirm . Interesting test and even more interesting speaker. I didn't know such application (invisible speakers) exist, but I can certainly understand that there will be a significant clientel for these. Until I moved in with my wife, I had no idea that...
  9. fordiebianco

Polk ES60 Tower Speaker Review

It's great to see that Polk is able to crank out reasonable floorstanders for a reasonable price. I bought the T50 after @amirm 's encouraging review as cheap and cheerful floorstanders for my 5.1 TV/music setup and was pleasantly surprised at the cost/performance ratio. The ES60 look to be in...
  10. fordiebianco

Zen and the art of listening!

Not sure whether it is mindfulness, meditation or attentive hearing, but there is some music I have to stop reading or working and just listen. Wagner's prelude to act 1 of Lohengrin is one of those.
  11. fordiebianco

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Spent a Semester at Case Western Reserve University. Loved every second of it. Loved the city, loved the bars, the campus and everything else. Have been to visit twice since. I might be the only European tourist who visits Cleveland voluntarily.
  12. fordiebianco

Well, it's one big deforested paddock, but the coastal areas have its charm.
  13. fordiebianco

The Wild Atlantic, Republic of Ireland
  14. fordiebianco

New S.M.S.L. M300 SE 120$

Happy owner of the upgraded M300 SE. Bought it because of USB and Tosling input (so it works in my TV Corner for both my Raspberry Pi streamer via USB and my crappy Samsung Smart TV via Toslink) and its balanced outputs. Both Toslink and USB work without hitch. No noise or 'microclicks'...
  15. fordiebianco

NAD PP 2e Phono Stage Review

Thanks for another great test, @amirm . You would expect a little more attention to detail from such a revered brand.
  16. fordiebianco

miniDSP 2x4 HD Sweetspot-audio Mod Review

I had a look at Sweetspot's website, and there is a fair amount of audio woo. In their blurb for their modification of a Rotel RSP-1576 they suggest that replacing the rubber feet pads and the metal base sheet of the unit results in a 'purer sound (reiner Klang)'. Language like that usually is...
  17. fordiebianco

NEOHIPO ET30 VU Meter Speaker Switcher Review

I have some Beresford gear. Works well for me. http://www.homehifi.co.uk/S/selector-phono.htm
Top Bottom