Search results

1. E

DAC choice for Edifier S3000Pro

Why do you need a separate streamer and not only use the MacBook? And if you need the 3 sources why would you need to route the MacBook through the streamer? Why not connect the MacBook to the Edifiers via USB in, Marantz via optical and Wiim Pro via coax? I'm a bit confused what your use case is..
  2. E

DAC choice for Edifier S3000Pro

Agree with @staticV3 The S3000Pros have built-in DSP which means the analog inputs go through an AD/DA-conversion. So it's best not to worry about external DACs and simply use the digital inputs. If you want to improve the sound, perhaps look into room EQ and/or subwoofers instead. As far as...
  3. E

Streamer with roon, plex and qobuz

Wiim Pro? Can't install Plex endpoint but Plexamp should work fine via Chromecast.
  4. E

Analysis paralysis

I'd go for MiniDSP Flex + Genelec G Threes in white (if available where you live). Small footprint, great sound, room EQ, sub integration, bluetooth.. Also have to mention the auto on/off function on the Genelecs, wouldn't get anything without auto on/off anymore. Not sure how well this works on...
  5. E

I Weep Because I Have No More Worlds To Conquer

Maybe add DRC, a couple of subs and some room treatment. If these won't help you feel less empty inside.. well, at least your room will be less empty :D But in the meantime, congrats on your system and enjoy the music!
  6. E

What will ‘HiFi’ look like in 2050

I'm guessing within the next 3-5 years, the majority of new music released is going to be more or less AI-assisted. So trying to predict 25 years into the future is wild. It will become necessary to create new royalty models that separate professional/'real' artists from AI/mood/background...
  7. E

Genelec S360 Review (Studio Monitor)

That's true, but then again the THD tests are sweeps, transients probably do better there as well. Compared to bass lines, organs, pads, drone sounds which need more long-term SPL capacity. Mainly I'm a bit sceptical that the tweeters' SPL would be a major deciding factor *in actual use*...
  8. E

Genelec S360 Review (Studio Monitor)

On average, there's ~30dB less energy in treble than bass in music so tweeters are rarely the limiting factor when it comes to SPL.
  9. E

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

Yeah based on these Stereophile measurements I can imagine these KEFs being piercing. And these B&Ws have a way more balanced sound. Oh wait... /s
  10. E

How NOT to set up speakers and room treatment ( Goldensound)

Btw this is what Floyd Toole writes about treating a dedicated listening space in chapter 22.3.3: "The center portions of the front and rear walls are mostly absorbing, with scattering devices toward the sides of the rear wall. All absorbers, wherever they are located, must be not less than 3...
  11. E

Assuming a rectangular room the primary axial room modes create bass build-up in the center of the room but also nulls at 1/4 (and 3/4..) of the room. In theory the 38% rule avoids both. Now most rooms have windows, doors and walls of different construction so measure and listen before trusting...
  12. E

Since you're asking: the Salon2's and 4 subs in the GS room, thanks. You seem to be annoyed by the guy's attitude, age and the fact he has a dedicated listening room. But try to focus on what was actually said in the video. This is not 'snake oil power conditioners and cable lifters' stuff folks.
  13. E

This thread is still too much about his age and attitude vs what he actually did with the room. He found the low end sweet spot for his listening position, treated corners and first reflection points with thick broadband absorption and backed it all up with measurements. To me there was very...
  14. E

I find GS & especially DMS quite annoying but honestly I think the video was nicely done. I would've picked different speakers though for sure. Floyd Toole's research showed most people prefer a more spacious sound? Leave the sidewalls untreated then, not a huge deal. The main thing about...
  15. E

Need advice on Subwoofer size for connected room

I think dual SB1000 Pros are plenty as your listening distance and the main space aren't huge, and since music is top priority. But feel free to go bigger if there's no placement/visual restrictions. In any case I would get 2x smaller subs than one size bigger single sub. I would also look into...
  16. E

Analyze audio library for dynamic range and bass content?

You can analyze dynamic range with Foobar2000 and the dynamic range component. You can batch process multiple albums at one go. It can tag the DR readings directly to your file metadata and also create a separate .txt file within the album folder.
  17. E

"Metallic" Genelecs ?

Impatiently waiting for the "Woody" Wharfedales? and "Rubbery'" Revels? threads.
  18. E

Help me decide a subwoofer for music only and high WAF

To give you one more option, have a look at the KEF T2 Sealed 10", slim profile with only 18cm in depth. Might be able to find one used for a very good price. Output and bass extension probably somewhere between the KEF Kube 8b and 10b but should be fine with music if high SPL not needed. Auto...
  19. E

Music services that display dynamic range/loudness?

Yes, for example. And since many older albums may have multiple versions available it would be easy to find the remasters least affected by the loudness wars. While not top priority it would certainly be a value-adding feature. In the long run, I would like to own the best versions of all my...
  20. E

Looking to replace Wharfedales

Umm correct me if I'm wrong but you have two different accounts??
Top Bottom