Search results

1. Zensō

Spotify HiFi (finally) Coming Soon?

https://www.theverge.com/2023/9/21/23884577/spotify-supremium-lossless-audio-tier-code?fbclid=IwAR0nYFi9AkEpjvhm0lPFK1EQ3KAQS1lHZ6SSFLDt0ZNuWXEjHwVNx-7_veQ_aem_AUZhCqKysL-oVhbvGtV0bnPcQLeH75fIIhk_49vNALjF8E7lDpKbWSTXm6Myck48v_I ”Spotify’s long-awaited HiFi tier could finally be getting closer...
  2. Zensō

Some New Music

Thanks for indulging me here! My new album, Mujō, was released this week on Bandcamp and the major streaming services. From the liner notes: “Drawing inspiration from the concept of mujō, Zensō’s latest album once again immerses listeners in his distinctive style of ambient-jazz fusion. This...
  3. Zensō

Interview with Martins Popelis of Sonarworks

This is an interesting interview with Martins Popelis, co-founder of Sonarworks.
  4. Zensō

Dolby Atmos Critique Video

An interesting critique of Dolby Atmos from a professional musician’s perspective. I pretty much agree with his position, though I’m sure some won’t.
  5. Zensō

Zensō: New Album Released Today

Hello! My new album was released today. The Unbreakable Circle is a concept album inspired by the poetry of Mary Oliver. These tracks were written over the past four years since her passing, and each is related to a specific poem (listed in parens in the song title). As we’ve gone through...
  6. Zensō

SoundID SR for Headphones: A new Headphone Tuning Standard

Interesting white paper by Helmut Bems, CEO of Sonarworks. https://www.sonarworks.com/blog/research/white-paper
  7. Zensō

SOLD: Iloud MTM Monitors

Selling my iLoud MTM monitors. In excellent condition, lightly used on my desk in a non-smoking home. Includes accessories, measurement mics, and packaging. These are great monitors, I’m just doing some spring cleaning after downsizing my studio space. Price: $400 for the pair, includes...
  8. Zensō

SOLD: RME Babyface Pro (non FS version)

Selling my Babyface Pro. It’s in like-new condition and includes the original packaging, manual, hard and soft cases, and cables. It’s only ever been used on my desk in a smoke-free environment. Price: $450, includes shipping and insurance in the continental U.S. Payment: PayPal Goods & Services
  9. Zensō

SOLD: RME ADI-2 DAC FS

SOLD Up for sale is my RME ADI-2 DAC FS with the AKM 4493 chip, purchased from Sweetwater on 12/21/20. It‘s in like-new condition with all of the original accessories, remote, manual, and packaging. It’s only ever been used in my office/studio in a non-smoking household. Looking for a good home...
  10. Zensō

CDs, Vinyl, or Cassettes

For those who still buy physical media, do you predominantly purchase CDs, vinyl records, or cassette tapes?
  11. Zensō

My New Album Released this Week

My new album is now available on Bandcamp and the major streaming services (link below). Here’s an excerpt from the liner notes: “Metaphysika is a concept album that explores the intersection of the temporal and the transcendent by interlacing natural motifs with mythic archetypes...
  12. Zensō

My New Album Released Today

Thanks for indulging me here (yet again). My new album, Shibusa, was released today on Bandcamp and the major streaming services. Stylistically, it’s similar to my prior releases, with jazz-inspired melodic and percussive improvisations layered over ambient soundscapes. Thanks for taking a...
  13. Zensō

Apple Switches to LUFS

https://www.meterplugs.com/blog/2022/03/23/apple-switch-to-lufs.html
  14. Zensō

Thanks for indulging me here (yet again). My new album, The Secret Garden, was released today on Bandcamp and the major streaming services. Stylistically, it’s similar to my prior releases, with jazz-inspired melodic and percussive improvisations layered over ambient soundscapes. Thanks for...
  15. Zensō

Getting the headphones out of your head

I own the HD800S, which a lot of people say has the most expansive soundstage and “out of your head” listening experience of all headphones. In my experience that was true, that is until I experienced Apple’s “Head Tracked” Spatial Audio for their AirPods Pro and Max, which takes it to a higher...
  16. Zensō

Mac can now be an AirPlay Receiver: MacOS Monterey Released

https://darko.audio/2021/10/turn-a-macbook-into-an-airplay-receiver-w-macos-monterey/ https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2021/10/macos-monterey-is-now-available/
  17. Zensō

Thanks for indulging me here. My new album is out today on BandCamp and the streaming services. Like my prior releases, jazz-inspired melodic and percussive improvisations layered over ambient soundscapes form the basis of this album. Some of the compositions are also infused with elements...
  18. Zensō

Output Sample Rate Affecting FR?

As I'm sure you're all aware, the output sample rate on Mac OS does not automatically change to match the sample rate of the music, it has to be manually set. This begs the question, which sample rate should one choose? Some say use the highest sample rate supported by your hardware, others say...
  19. Zensō

PSA: Headphone EQ on Mac OS

Systemwide EQ on Mac OS has always been a bit of a pain to set up. This may not be news to some of you, but the SoundSource audio app on Mac OS has a huge collection of headphone EQ profiles built in, from Oratory1990, Crinacle, Innerfidelity, Rtings, and Headphone.com. It’s easy to set up and...
  20. Zensō

Are you moving from Roon+Tidal/Qobuz to a Major HiFi Streaming Service?

Now that lossless has hit the mainstream, will you be dropping your Roon subscription in favor of one of the major streaming services?
Top Bottom