Search results

1. Zensō

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

Thanks for the review @amirm . Your impressions match up with mine. I have a pair of these in our dining room where they are only played at moderate volumes. They sound quite good in this scenario and visually blend in well with the decor. I actually really like the Sonos app and find their...
  2. Zensō

New DAC for mastering

… and yet, so far.
  3. Zensō

Genelec 8x3x stands, are they worth it?

Most likely, yes. If at all possible it would be best to use something like Sonarworks or REW along with a measurement mic to get a clear picture of what’s happening in your space.
  4. Zensō

Alternative to Roon....

I’m curious if you’ve compared IDAGIO to Apple Classical? https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2023/03/apple-music-classical-is-here/
  5. Zensō

A Call For Humor!

6. Zensō

Anybody Out There Who Hears a Difference Between 320 kbps MP3 and Red Book CD? What Differences Do You Hear?

True, though blind tests have shown that even when listening on high quality “audiophile” gear most cannot discern between 256 AAC/320 Ogg and lossless Redbook or higher.
  7. Zensō

Anybody Out There Who Hears a Difference Between 320 kbps MP3 and Red Book CD? What Differences Do You Hear?

A very large majority of people are still listening to either AAC or Ogg Vorbis through the big streaming services.
  8. Zensō

Yup. And others have no interest in examining their own preconceived notions.
  9. Zensō

He wrote: “…storage is not a problem anymore, so why rip to a lossy format?” My point was that I agree, file size is only really a concern for streaming because local storage is now so cheap. I have no idea what your “petty side of things” remark is in reference to. Just here sharing thoughts...
  10. Zensō

These questions are more related to streaming and wireless transmission than to ripping for local storage.
  11. Zensō

You should be able to send the test to your Mini via Airplay from either your phone or laptop. The problem with that is knowing whether or not the signal is being altered in the process. It would be better to bypass the Mini and connect your laptop directly to your DAC via USB.
  12. Zensō

Lots of new people come here and say they hear this and they hear that in regards to various sources, without any effort made at all to rule out bias. That’s all fine, but once you dig deeper and learn a bit about psychoacoustics and cognitive bias, and how they affect what we believe we hear...
  13. Zensō

And what compelled you to come here and tell us what you can and can’t hear, without sufficient evidence? Again, we’re supposedly here to share information and learn, but it’s increasingly looking as if you’re not interested in doing so in good faith.
  14. Zensō

Just FYI, the numbers are much smaller than 10%. In one test with over 500 participants comparing 256 AAC to Redbook, literally one person passed.
  15. Zensō

I'm not really interested in debating the semantics. Let us know if you end up taking the test. You might find it enlightening.
  16. Zensō

That's fine. But if you prefer to remain ignorant on this point, you can expect to be challenged now and then when making claims that go against the established consensus of what can and cannot be heard.
Top Bottom