Search results

1. Z

Difference between on-axis and MLP measurements

I'm seeing an unexpected difference between on-axis measurements of my speakers (Klipsch RP-280F) and measurements from the MLP. I took the on-axis measurements at a distance of 1m. The MLP is 2.5m (8.5 feet) from each speaker and 25 degrees off-axis. The speakers are in a family room area that...
  2. Z

Phone app can figure out the shape of your house key by listening to you use it

Amazing how much information can be gained about an object merely by listening to it in use. https://boingboing.net/2021/03/18/phone-app-can-figure-out-the-shape-of-your-house-key-by-listening-to-you-use-it.html
  3. Z

You know you've had too much ASR when...

you hear the thunderstorm outside and think, "That bass is too boomy; needs some adjustment."
  4. Z

Need advice about REW and house curve

I am trying to improve my bass management using REW. I have dual SVS SB12-NSD subwoofers. These subwoofers go down to about 20 Hz or so. When I run them, I get a lot of increasing gain to 45-50 Hz and then it decreases to 120 Hz. To get a flatter response while keeping the lower frequencies...
  5. Z

How do amplifiers improve sound quality?

I have come across many articles and videos that discuss the benefits of adding an external amplifier to an A/V receiver. Often they mention improvements in clarity, dynamics, soundstage, "crispness", detail, etc., even at the same listening level. Which of these improvements can actually be...
Top Bottom