Search results

1. Z

FIDE Candidates 2024

I'm following. If Fabi wins, I think he beats Ding in the championship.
  2. Z

What are we listening to right now..

That reminds me of this one:
  3. Z

How MANY Streaming Services Do You Use?

If we're not limiting it to audio, I use: Spotify Disney+ Netflix Amazon Prime Twitch YouTube Peacock (got a special year-long subscription so I can watch the 2024 Olympics) Others (Sometimes I will subscribe for a month to watch series or event (e.g. March Madness) that I'm interested in) I...
  4. Z

Are Audyssey mics basically the same?

There is also a video where someone compares the standard Audyssey mic with the ACM1-X individually calibrated mic. The audio is in Portuguese, but using auto-translated captions works well enough to understand (measurements begin at 7:15).
  5. Z

Are Audyssey mics basically the same?

Several years ago, someone posted measurements of several Audyssey mics. They were all basically the same under 5KHz, though some required level matching. https://www.avsforum.com/threads/comparing-3-audyssey-acm1hb-microphones.2678793/
  6. Z

Brussels Sprouts

Modern strains of Brussels Sprouts have been bred to remove the bitterness. Here's an interesting story about it. https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2019/10/30/773457637/from-culinary-dud-to-stud-how-dutch-plant-breeders-built-our-brussels-sprouts-bo
  7. Z

What are we listening to right now..

This made me think of:
  8. Z

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

"The Redwing" - A great new track from Feist.
  9. Z

May the Fourth be with you

Spotify turns the playback slider into a lightsaber when you listen to Star Wars music!
  10. Z

Children safety and tower speakers vs. speaker stands

Get heavy speaker stands, and tie your children to the stands so that they can't get to your speakers.
  11. Z

Audyssey's Next Generation of Room Correction (MultEQ-X)

DEQ is a form of equal-loudness adjustment. The idea is that, at lower volumes, a larger boost of the bass is required to make the bass have the same perceptual loudness. DEQ does exactly this: as you adjust the volume on your receiver, it boosts the bass frequencies accordingly. The settings in...
  12. Z

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

To clarify, you are correct: no smoothing was applied. The miniDSP 2x4 HD has only 10 PEQ slots, so I only EQed up to 120 Hz. The idea was that this would cover the entire range of the LFE channel and that I would be crossing over low enough that the higher frequencies would be ok without EQ...
  13. Z

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

I also had excellent results using MSO to get ideal response from two subwoofers. The MLP is nearly perfect, and my three other seats are almost as good, except in the 75-100 Hz range where my room has issues.
  14. Z

OpenAI ChatGPT has some interesting insights about audio

Unfortunately, some of the audiophile propaganda was in its training database.
  15. Z

Music to Cry For

For some people, Christmas is a sad time.
  16. Z

Best wireless subwoofer kit with least latency?

Amir did a review of the REL wireless subwoofer at https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-rel-wireless-subwoofer-transmitter.9165/ His measurements showed interference with WiFi, but in a test in his living room, he couldn't hear any impact due to...
  17. Z

4K player purchase question

Discs also frequently include special features like commentaries, deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes documentaries, gag reels, etc. Those are almost never available via streaming.
  18. Z

Domestic noise suppression

I was expecting more wife jokes in a thread titled "Domestic Noise Suppression." ;)
Top Bottom