Search results

1. M

New Schiit SYN - Analog Surround Sound Processor

There have been 10 versions of HDMI It integrates better simply because of size and you can have your stereo preout from something like my Sansui Eight go into it and then make whatever connections you want from there. Sure you can do a lot of this with an AVR-never said you couldn’t. But a...
  2. M

It’s small-it’s free from constant updates to HDMI-it integrates well with vintage systems-it allows a bit more customization as I alluded to earlier with being able to connect some MiniDSP Dirac or other room correction suites-you can use a higher quality DAC(isnt that a huge complaint here...
  3. M

Jim Fosgate invented Dolby Prologic II using a tube based system that he cooked up at home. I’m sure they aren’t the same but it is still taking a stereo source and then changing it into surround.
  4. M

No it’s not very innovative-overall it’s old tech. But does it provide a solution? I think so.
  5. M

Man this thread is full of some very colorful opinions! I also find comments like "fake surround" interesting as well. Since when has any surround sound been "real" you are watching a movie on a flat screen and having sound all around you-FAR from "real". Also, does no one here seem to...
  6. M

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

Does anyone know if I can use my Shield TV remote to do volume control of this?
  7. M

You can modify the Parks Puffin to output in Coax or SPDIF as well which is why I was looking at going that route. That's great to hear about the balanced and unbalanced working at the same time. That will make integrating the sub much easier. It's funny though now that I think about it. When...
  8. M

I have a couple questions. I was thinking about building a system around the Bluesound Node but I am also considering going the route of using the E50. I have several sources but would like some input from those of you that are much more experienced. Sources: TV(shield TV and BLuray)...
  9. M

ASR Directiva Open Source Speaker Review

Great looking speaker! I was looking at trying to accomplish something similar(though I lack many of the skills to design one). I was looking at the DIY Sound Group SEOS-8 dome tweeter waveguide( https://www.diysoundgroup.com/speaker-parts/seos-8-tweeter.html) mated to the SB acoustics ring...
  10. M

Absolute Silence - Server Build & Turemetal UP10 Case Review

I see a Caselabs S3? Nice build, I’m running UnRaid on my server. I haven’t tried anything for just music to be honest. Pandora for all my digital music and vinyl when I want to sit and listen.
  11. M

Shield TV USB audio for DAC use

I just got a ShieldTV Pro and it has an option to output audio via USB to a DAC. Pretty interesting. Withe the Modius measuring so well I am tempted to test this.
  12. M

New Denon X-series AVRs: Full Disconnect of Amps Possible

There is another thread that is saying you can disconnect just the L and R. Not sure how true it is yet
  13. M

Denon AVR-X3600H AV Receiver Review

My father-in-law has sung praises for Denon since I met him 13 years ago. He has an Onkyo that I talked him into years ago when he first moved to HDMI and it was just the better value...he has always claimed his Denon sounded better. I better not show him this ..
  14. M

Meridian G68ADV: were AV Processor Ever Good?

Thanks for sharing these. MiniDSP used to have the NanoAVR HDA as well but it has been discontinued. I really hope they come out with an updated one.
  15. M

Outlaw Audio 975 and 976 Review Request

I just logged back into the support page and it says that I never got a response because "Your query did not match any records". Whatever that means... I sent in the request in the Pre-Sales Inquiry section.
  16. M

Anthem MRX1120 Home Theater AVR Review

Fair enough. I have never heard that format so i dont know what I am missing. But the only reason I wont buy another streaming device that Shield TV is because i dont know of another one that supports as many video and audio formats.
  17. M

Outlaw Audio 975 and 976 Review Request

Dang man, sorry to hear that. I reached out to them directly about sending a reviee unit out as well about 2 weeks ago and never heard anything back.
  18. M

I guess i like the plane-jane looks. The lack of buttons is a good thing as its less for my wife and kids to screw up. I honestly dont know a single movie that is coded in Auro 3D off the too of my head.
  19. M

These look nice! Seems like they are trying to get a unified look with the STR line.
Top Bottom