Search results

1. S

Back to upgrade

Brief update, despite the better judgement of others on different forums and smaller audio communities, I ultimately landed on the Sundaras as my desktop cans of choice. With that said, I am exceedingly satisfied with them. I didn't expect a neutral/bright signature to land so well with me, but...
  2. S

Back to upgrade

I've asked around elsewhere and I've been heavily suggested 6XX, but the more I read on Sundaras the more interested I am in them. Plus they seem relatively affordable by comparison to what I was looking at earlier. So I think that's what I'll go for!
  3. S

Back to upgrade

Say then, if you were to work with a smaller budget for replacement planars, would you think another Hifiman pair would be good? Or something different? I had some time to try Airpods Maxes earlier today while I was at an Apple Store for a iPhone repair, and found them really tonally off...
  4. S

Back to upgrade

I'm hoping canjam socal can do that for me as far as demoingis concerned. That said it's my first canjam I'm attending so I'm not certain as to whether that'd play out or not. I'm also wondering whether there are any audio shops that offer those two or similar options here, but I'm skeptical all...
  5. S

Back to upgrade

Ah, very nice, I'm glad to hear it worked out for ya! I find the stock pads pretty meh for durability, I bought a set and they hardly lasted a year. On the flipside I see reviews for LCD-2 and it fascinates me plenty meanwhile. The more colored frequency response that's almosr what I'm looking...
  6. S

Back to upgrade

That's a fair point, and I've done so on mine. Problem being is the headband's disintegrating, and one of the earcups are coming loose from its mount and slides laterally when in use which is pretty jarring, and the same earcup's cable socket is semi-inconsistent connectivity wise. If I look at...
  7. S

Back to upgrade

Hey there! It's been awhile, but I resolved my original ground loop problem with a little isolator plug, but now my headphones are certainly growing long in the tooth, and I'd certainly like to upgrade sooner than later. I'm looking around the $1k range. Coming from the 4XX, I really enjoyed...
  8. S

Planar upgrade

That's two for the 6SE and one for the CX. I'm sure the others I listed are great in their own rights but I'll admit I'm seriously considering the aforementioned more than anything. CX may be a smidge more of what I'm looking for, even if it is a closed back. Frequency response looks very good...
  9. S

Planar upgrade

Asgard 3, I remember crunching numbers and finding its power output to be more than adequate for my listening given its impedance and need for current. Sadly, I don't have that little note-file on hand anymore.
  10. S

Planar upgrade

Hey there, been awhile. I'm still looking for a proper upgrade to my HE-4XXs sub $1,000. Better distortion figures, closed or open-back, with a base frequency response that smooths out the treble, and adds a more prevalent bass and midrange response. I had some ideas, HD-650/6XX, LCD-2, or 2C...
  11. S

Ground Loop / USB output noise

I live with family for the time being, so messing with the breakers of the house is out of the question. I appreciate the brief clarification. I'm fully aware that galvanic isolation is a definite solution to my problems. However, considering that an supposedly competent isolation transformer...
  12. S

MSI B350 PC Mate, just to reiterate. So, to also reiterate things here again, my ground loop is being produced from two devices total, and it's coming through the board, regardless of what input I use as my output to my amp. In that effect, I can't help but ask, but with the IEMagni, how would...
  13. S

Hifiman 4XXs Honestly wanted to have headroom to try out different, inefficient planars down the line so I wanted to buy an amp that had a fair bit of power to run them without a problem.
  14. S

Ah, yes, the posts further below would be correct. The dongle serves as my DAC for the time being. Call it petty, but I feel more comfortable buying something that would solve the issue with certainty. Least for the time being keeping the volume a bit down recuces the noise, though it's...
  15. S

With prices i like that i'd rather just buy the balanced stack and be done with this issue. My goodness those are some pricy bricks
  16. S

Would the ifi idefender work in this situation? It's the only isolator I've found that does Type-C to Type-C
  17. S

My board did not come with any optical outputs, and I do not have anything that can accept it as an input either, as I do not have a dedicated DAC yet. It was mentioned earlier in the thread, but it's most likely a better option to swap from SE to Balanced gear as soon as I am able too. In which...
  18. S

EVGA Bronze 500B PSU MSI B350 PC Mate All noise and hum goes away connecting it to an external device such as my 2020 Macbook Pro 15" or my iPhone 11 Pro Max. In the Mac's case, the noise is gone regardless of input, be it the 3.5 mm input or Type-C dongle. My cables seem to be just fine...
  19. S

Ah, understood then. Might stick with getting Schiit's balanced offerings then. Judging from the reviews here they seem like a great combination for a semi-low cost with tons of power to boot.
  20. S

I'm hearing ground noise from my PC source. It's a custom tower PC, which through a Apple Type-C to 3.5 mm, connects to a Schiit Asgard 3 which powers my HE-4XX headphones. Noise is source-agnostic, connecting to mobile devices removes the noise completely. While PC headphone out, or USB ports...
Top Bottom