Search results

1. A

Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX Review

I really need to move mine down into my theater area and see how they do. Currently have JBL Studio 590s there, so it would be a true tower vs 'tower-like' bookshelf comparison. Physics will dictate some limits of comparison there of course, but I might be surprised.
  2. A

Not sure what you're on about but at no point did anyone suggest not reviewing it. Between nit-picking the neutrality comment, the bass extension, and now this, you seem intent on taking some sort of issue with things here. That's an even bigger waste of posting space. And my opinions are based...
  3. A

That's great. It doesn't preclude my point either, and arguably supports it even more.
  4. A

Dave's already using a Klippel and 2 other speakers have now yielded the exact same measured results as his. If the objective performance is the bar being discussed, perhaps safe to say the LX can have that title.
  5. A

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

I believe so, but I've always run mine off of a standalone battery pack.
  6. A

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

I use mine with USB audio out from my computer every day... flawless thus far.
  7. A

The US-made cabinets (the company has since shut down) included magnetic grills, but the current cabinets do not. I'm not meaning to answer for that poster but I will say that the imaging/depth is exquisite in my nearfield use.
  8. A

I have no experience with the V2 but I can say that I listen to my LX at low and high volumes alike in nearfield (they are on my desk), and I have never once thought twice about the purchase. The V2s are excellent speakers and will likely serve you very well but if you have the funds and are...
  9. A

The usual questions apply here - how loud do you listen, how far do you sit, and are you planning on using a subwoofer?
  10. A

Schiit Loki Mini+ Equalizer Review

I did- a Lokius. Bought one out of the gate when they released a few years ago. It's not the mixing board and precision EQ software we use in the studio but is great in own right and does exactly what I want it to, slight nudges of general tone with a quick turn of a knob. I use it in various...
  11. A

Those are some mind-bending leaps of logic there. The thing y'all seem to lose sight of when tossing out the Harman stuff is that it's all preference, emphasis mine there, meaning that it can vary but also that it is not binary or zero sum. Just because something may be more 'preferable' in a...
  12. A

Anyone who uses a product like this is quite obviously not concerned about adhering to a razor-straight response and isn't trying to 0.38 dB adjustments to a Hz-specific frequency range... That's hyperbole of course, but it matches the melodrama in your response since no one discounted Harman...
  13. A

Your thoughts on the M16 vs the LXs mirror my own. There is no comparison, and I daresay that the gap is much larger than even the MSRPs may imply.
  14. A

From my own perspective it's valid in his room but nowhere else, which is the point. May be higher, may be lower, but different in different places. If there are differences in distortion between reviews then people ask questions, and if there is only one review with distortion then people draw...
  15. A

I can't comment on that specifically, but it seems reasonable to assume that if there were it would probably be utilized. I recall the discussion around this from Dave and others being very informative but again, unfortunately can't find it at the moment.
  16. A

He's explained before that it is because distortion measurements are heavily room dependent, so they are intrinsically variable from reviewer to reviewer and have questionable value for an average consumer/ have caused more confusion than they are worth (again, my paraphrase/takeaway from his...
  17. A

What will you be coming from/comparing them to? I see what's in your avatar so may be a stupid question :) I haven't given my M16s a second thought since firing these up.
  18. A

It's been a few months now and I'm still thrilled with how fantastic these sound in my nearfield application. Zero EQ applied or needed for me - just set up, tweak the positioning, and rock out. A true joy to listen to.
  19. A

JBL Studio 590 Speaker Review

That is a good point about the finish of the Revels vs the JBLs - IMO that's a chunk of what you're paying for with that increased cost. The Studio 5s have polarizing aesthetics and are below the Revels in terms of finish, but that's accounted for with the JBL 'sale' prices. Sonically, they are...
  20. A

JBL Studio 590 Speaker Review

I moved from F35s to Studio 590s, in one of the same spaces where I had the 530s and M16s as well, and am much happier. IMO no, it is another lateral move and even a downgrade in some ways. The Revels have a slight edge in mids and JBL slightly leaner out of the box, plainly seen in the...
Top Bottom