Search results

1. Poseidons Voice

Orchard Audio Bosc (GaNFET Class D) vs. Hypex & Co. ?

@cakyol Thanks for the question. Suggest you read through posts 1606 to 1611 in this thread for some answers. But briefly, you size the power supply and design based on the needs of the design, whim, your budget, and chassis size. I am certainly not allergic to using large toroids and large...
  2. Poseidons Voice

Out for a few more days

Amir, Quick recovery wishes for your wife! Feel awful and concerned this happened but you are a smart chap who will find the solutions. Take care and get some rest. ASR can take a pause in the meantime - thanks for the updates! Best, Anand.
  3. Poseidons Voice

Dayton Audio APA1200DSP Review (DSP Amplifier)

I think I just heard the toilet flush once again for another manufacturer. I do wonder if this is the same amp they use in their plate amplifiers. Teardown in the future perhaps? Best, Anand.
  4. Poseidons Voice

LSA Voyager GaN 350 Teardown (Class D Amp)

Now I see it, and I agree. Sharp Eye! That being said, it is still...unsafe. The chassis ground connection should be a DEDICATED connection to earth ground without having any other responsibility. Like holding down a PCB! Oy vey. Oh, and how about the UNTWISTED AC wire coursing itself near the...
  5. Poseidons Voice

LSA Voyager GaN 350 Teardown (Class D Amp)

Amir, Unless my eyes are deceiving me there is something else that is amiss here. Why would you use an XLR connector that is meant for a PCB attachment instead of using one that is for thru hole design? It makes no sense other than budget. Which makes less sense with a $3K retail price. And...
  6. Poseidons Voice

Tortuga TPB.V1 Tube Preamp Buffer Review

Amir, I know post #73 is what we think it looks like, but can you do an actual tear down? Here are more measurements on the Tortuga LDR for those interested: https://neurochrome.com/pages/tortuga-audio-ldr3 Best, Anand.
  7. Poseidons Voice

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

What a great achievement! Now if the major recording studios in the world would listen to their creations off this dac, we might end up getting better recordings to listen to. Hats off to Topping for the best ESS implementation! Wow. Best, Anand.
  8. Poseidons Voice

As much as I geek out on measurements, I try very hard to geek out on build quality, neatness and safety in particular. I worry that someone who doesn’t have the know how of electronics will eventually acquire one of my builds and hurt themselves or loved one (or pet). There should be some...
  9. Poseidons Voice

+48 to +56VDC will work just fine. The reason I sent my build to Leo was to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that my build works as advertised with extraordinarily low distortion to boot. Some people just didn’t believe it so there you go! Glad you figured out my pic, it isn’t voodoo just...
  10. Poseidons Voice

NAD M10 Streaming Amplifier Review

I would think twice about VTV especially due to the build quality: https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=172014.msg1820093#msg1820093 Best, Anand.
  11. Poseidons Voice

Indeed SY, we should respect each others heritage! Thank you for your didactic comparisons of the Purifi and BOSC. Helped solidify the relatively small differences between the 2 designs. Best, Anand.
  12. Poseidons Voice

Here’s my build and measurements of my unit: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/87913-class-amp-photo-gallery-161.html#post6302969 It’s a small 2U height box (280mm x 380mm), weighs about 8 lbs. Multimode IMD attached at bottom of this post. Note that I built it with a +48V supply and...
  13. Poseidons Voice

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

I'll be VERY curious to hear what you think of the Okto versus the D90. Also, it would be nice to find somebody who is using the Okto with HQ Player. Thanks, Anand.
  14. Poseidons Voice

Selah Audio Purezza Review

Since Erin also measured the BMR, we should be able to get a preference rating there as well. When looking at the polar plots, the BMR is a bit smoother and the early directivity index transitions are very smooth as well. However, I don’t think those metrics can be used at this level of...
  15. Poseidons Voice

Selah Audio Purezza Review

Erin, Take a bow! Dennis M and Rick S., The idea of a non waveguide based speaker, either 2 or 3 way with careful attention to smooth directivity transitions between drivers in the mid to higher frequency range is growing on me. As is the goal for wide dispersion. Thanks for the options...
  16. Poseidons Voice

Worst measuring loudspeaker?

Juhazi mentioned these earlier in the thread. Read the review first, then look at the measurements: https://www.stereophile.com/content/nola-metro-grand-reference-gold-loudspeaker Note the price. And yes, Atkinson did the subjective review as well. He wanted to review them after hearing them...
  17. Poseidons Voice

Revel M55XC Outdoor Speaker Review

Okay! Agree with you on this one. I’ll have to just say it appears well designed but can’t really say “for the money” since there are several as you have shown. I also think that the elevated top end has to be better for an outdoor speaker, where there are fewer walls and boundaries. Best, Anand.
  18. Poseidons Voice

Philharmonic Audio BMR Speaker Discussion

One correction, Erin: Max SPL for 20Hz to 20kHz is approximately 99dB @ 1 meter. The compression threshold was exceeded above this SPL. Max SPL for 20Hz to 20kHz is approximately 102dB @ 1 meter. The compression threshold was exceeded above this SPL. I think you mean 80Hz for the second line...
  19. Poseidons Voice

Philharmonic Audio BMR Speaker Discussion

What an awesome review! https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/philharmonic_bmr/ Best, Anand.
  20. Poseidons Voice

Parasound JC2 Preamplifier Review

Hear hear! Let’s not forget Neurochrome Audio and Orchard Audio. Particularly the Modulus 686 (Class AB) and BOSC (Class D using GaN fets and original design, ie not a Hypex, ICE or Pascal) amplifiers. Best, Anand.
Top Bottom