Search results

1. P

KEF Q200C in room measurements

Hello, I just bought a used Kef q200 c Center speaker for office use. I plan to use it mono for now, but I was thining, if another used one comes for sale, I might take it for stereo. Anyway, before I brought it to office, I took some quick in room measurements, just to see how it perorms. This...
  2. P

Bose Frames sound surprisingly ok

I tried Bose Frames quickly at the aiport story and I was surprised that they sound pretty ok. I suppose that there is currently no way of objective testing these... Has anyone tried or uses them? I am interested in your impressions. Thanks
  3. P

Krell KSA-50s service manual, anyone? Much appreciated

If you have it or any info on how to get it. Thank you!
  4. P

How to make XLR input on a power amplifier using Lundahl 1588

Hi everybody, I need help making an XLR input on a regular single end amplifier. Since regular cable adapters wouldn't work, I decided using a transformer and already got the general purpose Lundahl 1588. I saw that they use them in some high end amplifiers. The reason I need XLR input is for...
  5. P

Sonus Faber Pryma measurements

Does anyone know if there are some measurements available for SF Pryma headphones. I know that the subjective reviews are very cruel and they are regarded as mediocre at best, but is there some objective info out there? Thank you!
  6. P

Ceiling speakers: Kef Uni-Q or Monitor Audio

Hi, I am thinking of replacing my ceiling speakers because I suspect that they might be the reason for, sometimes, not so convincing immersive surround experience. They are Monitor Audio Pro-65, the cheapest option I could find then, thinking they don't need to be high end speakers for few...
  7. P

Neutrik NA2F-D2B-TX Miniature transformer balancing adapter quick measurement

Hello, Since I have ground loop in my system which isn't fully balanced yet, I bought Neutrik RCA to XLR adapter with small transformer inside. It does a good job of eliminating a ground loop. There is also a NA2M-D2B-TX version which is essentially the same but with male XLR. So I wanted to...
  8. P

Are ground loops only possible when components have mains ground?

When I look vintage amps, preamps etc. they almost always have non detachable cable which only has two wires. No ground. And they have RCA inputs and outputs. And there weren't many cases of ground loops back then, right? Things were simpler up until the nineties, i think. Is it the introduction...
  9. P

What to look for in surround speaker?

For modern surround systems with height speakers and possibly two or more pairs of surround speakers, what should be criteria for choosing them? I know that for good old 5.1 it was a good thing that surrounds have wide dispersion and bipole speakers were a good option. Let's start with ear...
  10. P

Resulting SINAD after multiple devices

I looked online and can’t find concrete answer to what happens to SINAD after multiple devices? Is the last device most important? OR all of them contribute? For instance, if we have a dac of 120 SINAD, then preamp of 100 SINAD and Power AMP of 80 SINAD is the final SINAD 80? And if so, then all...
  11. P

Active speaker with mic input

Can you recommend active speaker with mic input? So i don't have to use mic preamp. I will be using it in a home, so preferably not too big. I need one only. White would be nice if possible. I don't care much for sound quality. I just need it to amplify voice and not sound too horrible. I know...
  12. P

Relevance of Blind Testing

Recently, I watched a video of John Atkinson's RMAF 2018 presentation "50 years being an audiphile" and he told one interesting story among other things. He said that he attended DBT of amplifiers in the 70s, if i remember correctly, where they basically concluded that all amps sound the same...
  13. P

Strange REW measurements

Hi, i have bought Sonarworks xref20 microphone and downloaded a calibration file for my mic from their website. I use Stainberg ur22 mkII interface on Windows 10 and REW software. For a while I started measuring my front speakers. The reason for measurements is to find the best possible...
  14. P

Worth investing in Helmholtz resonator to fix deep nulls at 41 and 82Hz?

I already read a similar post here where a member has very similar nulls. Like his, mine are modal in nature (i think) or combined. At first i tried calculating room modes using online calculators, but they probably can't be used for my room, since it is irregular. My front wall is 500 cm wide...
  15. P

Denon AVR-x4500h Preout vs JRDG Capri stereo preamp Preout

Ok, so I recorded both preouts and plan to post a link to files so you can all test them. The reason is to find out if Denon 4500 and the likes is enough to play 2 channel music, because AVRs measure poorly most of the time. Or you have to have a separate system for 2 channel music. But first, i...
  16. P

What does Auro Upmixer do exactly?

I am new to Auro. Bought Denon 4500 AVR few days ago, posted about it in different threads. Had a chance to listen to some Auro 3D upmixes from 2 channel music and i must say it sounds much better then 2 channel version. My subjective impressions are: volume increased as the most active channels...
  17. P

Loudness war continued on Hi Res audio

I thought that with the high resolution music becoming more available, and with more bits (24) you would have more headroom and no clipping, but that isn't true. For instance, i have 2015 remaster in hirez 24/96 Tina Turner - Private Dancer and even though it sounds nice, i can see some clipping...
Top Bottom