Search results

1. N

Digital bridge with DAC and headphone amp: does it exist?

Found an alternative! https://www.essenceelectrostatic.com/product/hdacc-ii-4k/
  2. N

I might buy an Emotiva XMC-2 as well, https://emotiva.com/products/xmc-2 ! It has USB in, optical in, HDMI in, and coax out. Plus headphones! Maybe audio processor is the name of what I'm looking for...
  3. N

It does indeed. And, pricewise, it's comparable, at 1300 €. It certainly has a bunch of pro features to compensate the lack of RC, but I wish it was just simpler and thus cheaper instead.
  4. N

The miniDSP SHD Studio does all that but, again, looks like overkill...
  5. N

Yep, looks like the Topping does the same... gotta look for the manual. EDIT: from the manual, COAX output (only available when there's a USB input) Back to square one :(
  6. N

I can choose any. I'd prefer optical because going with HDMI I think the possibilities are far less.
  7. N

Hello everybody, I'm looking for the missing piece of my config and I kindly ask for your help: My situation Source A: a laptop with USB and HDMI Source B: a TV with 4 HDMIs (one supporting eARC) --- single missing piece --- Out 1: headphones with 3.5 mm TRRS jack Out 2: active loudspeakers...
  8. N

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

Are you sure that MiniDSP SHD Studio doesn't perform phase correction? Proof?
  9. N

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

It's not about taking pictures per se, it's about taking pictures and sharing them online. It could give an advantage to those who want to copy the design, since your pictures are now available for free. Of course there's much more than just the PCB that makes a DAC (at least I think so), but...
  10. N

Is it legal to post such photos? I mean, isn't the internal design of such devices some sort of intellectual property, protected by copyright?
  11. N

Ideally I'd put a MiniDSP SHD Studio in front of the DAC, and my biggest concern is time alignment of the subwoofer (volume matching is trivial and can be taken care of by Dirac), since I'm space constrained. I'll explain. I plan to get a pair of ELAC ARB51 as mains and an Rythmik Audio E15 as...
  12. N

Yep I sort of know that. It just seemed that the top of the sinusoid was cut - probably just a plot artifact! Question: do you think the extra L+R in the Stereo could be useful (read: "usably" useful) for a subwoofer integration, or an external crossover and the Pro should be the way to go...
  13. N

Rythmik Audio shipping overseas - chances?

Yes I meant E15 :facepalm: Anyway I live in Northern Italy, so my VAT is +22%. Doesn't change very much, that's the order of magnitude - I'll accept it. Ahah ok I'll be a good boy and just think about sound quality, "a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"
  14. N

So for a E15HP (rated 1273$ - about 1170€ as of today) I should expect a plus of 600€?
  15. N

This doesn't make much sense to me. If something sounds good, it sounds good all over the world. US ears are not different from EU ears. Thanks for the advice, I'll try and read! That's what I remembered! Yes, 350$/€ would be good for me - and I'd be getting only one SW and smaller. The UPS...
  16. N

First of all, happy Easter to everyone! And may the bunny crush mr. covid. Secondly, I apologize in advance if this isn't the right subforum, but couldn't find any more appropriate. So, I read on the Rythmik Audio website that they don't ship full subwoofers overseas (I quote) "due to...
  17. N

Wow! But... do I see some clipping in the wave graph or is just my other personality playing the devil's advocate?
Top Bottom