Search results

1. F

Zidoo/Eversolo DAC-Z6 - Will it get an update for PEQ like the DMP's did?

As the title asks, is PEQ in the works for the Z6 or Z8 DACs Peter
  2. F

Can someone who "speaks" Topping manuals help me understand a DX9 config option

I have been in an multi-email conversation with Topping directly but maybe my Kiwi accent confused them (joke!!!!). The DX9 has two sets of XLR outputs which has got my heart pounding (and lets not think about what its done to my nether regions) and these are tagged as pre-outs and line outs...
  3. F

My Take On a Music Playback Interface

I am a software guy not a hardware guy so my DIY project has been to develop a GUI for music and video playback that fits my style. Below is link to a seven minute video that gives a "live" demo of the GUI You can just watch the video and then say "what about this... what about that" so below...
  4. F

Question about Dirac Live/MiniDSP SHD

So MiniDSP use Dirac Live and I have looked at the SHD manual related to Dirac Live. The manual is all about measuring but I dont want to do that... I already am using 10 PEQ points so know what I want. Is it possible with Dirac Live to simply enter the PEQ point you want rather than be forced...
  5. F

Can someone explain if the contraption in front of these speakers is a treatment?

This is the 2nd time in the recent past I have seen something like this... but never before. What are they meant to specifically do (I assume reduce floor reflections)? Peter
  6. F

anyone have practical experience of USB over wifi

SImple requirement. Running Linux with alsa (pulseaudio/pipewire etc... all that crap is removed) So if I run my playback engine on a laptop (files mounted over NFS from a build your own NAS.. files are all 44.1/16 flac) I assume if I use some USB over wifi device that I can configure the...
  7. F

Do frequency test sweeps (REW etc) compensate for fletcher munson

As title says, do test sweeps compensate for fletcher munson to achieve equal loudness or are they all flat (i.e. set to say -6db digital scale)?
  8. F

Can someone comment on the build quality of this LPS - Thanks!!!!

Looking to power my low end PC with this (it pulls 22w max).. any general thoughts on quality? Link to item with detailed photos is here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/164538779109 Top view (taken from website) is as below: Thanks, Peter :
  9. F

What is the point of a J-test

I (think I) understand the underlying principle of the test but my simple analogy is it appears to be like testing cars by dropping them three stories up and using that as some real world test metric (along with acceleration, handling, skid tests, braking tests etc) If our source into the DAC...
  10. F

Topping HS01 doesnt work with my "self powered" USB DAC

According to the diagram below.... ... a "self powered" device will work...which my DAC is... its USB circuits are powered via a clean line inside the DAC. But my Linux endpoint doesnt see my DAC (used both USB 2 and 3 ports on the PC). There were no messages in the dmesg log indicating...
  11. F

Recommend me a Low Profile Class D amp for subwoofer

Title says it all. My speakers support a separate input to drive the subwoofer and I have a spare output on my DEQX HDP-4 (using two of the three available at the moment) which can do the pass filtering. So all I need is a stereo Class D amp but it must be low profile (say 2", 50cm) as I dont...
  12. F

Help me understands the parts BOM verses Purchase Price

The Mojo Audio Mystique X SE Stereo DAC has internals that look like this: Prices start at $7,999, with upgrades $9,999. Now there arent lots of big arsed, high quality and therefore expensive caps as you might find in a power amp and the DAC chip can be had for ~$50. The BOM includes...
  13. F

My God, Its Full of Snake Oil

To paraphase from my favourite movie. I will just leave you with this price list I saw from a company called Ansuz,who make a big play on the Tesla Coil Principle that is the basis for their "tech" No one needs to reply.... we will all say the same stuff we have on other threads but it still...
  14. F

I have now seen it alll ... my live is complete.. I can happily leave this mortal coil

Not much to say.. 325kg each, £1,000,000 a pair. Obviously our previous obsession with whether we should leave our gossamer thin speaker driver covers on or off has been solved... it obviously doesnt matter...any about of heavy metal slots is acoustically transparent...
  15. F

It begs the question...

On that paragon of objective thought, Positive Feedback, they had a recent review of some component footers. Towards the start of the review, the reviewer states: Enter the RevOpod Damping Foot, a new equipment support product that came to my attention while reading a review by Robert Harley in...
  16. F

Using my Topping D10B as a headphone amp!!!

Couldnt be shagged buggering around with the power plugs in my office to setup a "full stack" headphone amp on my desk so plugged in my spare D10B running this puppy. I use Linux in my office (in fact everywhere) and was surprised that the pulseaudio volume control wasnt in the path (it is...
  17. F

Motu 8D - any experiences esp with Linux USB connection

This device looks great (given Motu's reputation for quality) but am wondering if anyone has tried this with a Linux based USB source. https://motu.com/products/avb/8d Thanks, Peter
  18. F

Where is the latest sox documentation

I have seen various references on the web to sox parameters that I cannot see on the sox home page's pdf/html documentation. To prove I wasnt seeing things I downloaded the sox code and had a look around. I saw this snippet indicating that some of the referenced parameters not in the doco (say...
  19. F

Cheap 4 channel DAC for playing around with CamillaDSP

Title says it all. I like what CamillaDSP can do (after reading the manual) and want to play around with it but dont want to blow a lot of money on a 4 channel DAC before I am happy CamillaDSP can do what I think it can (in my specific use case). So any suggestions for a cheap 4 channel DAC to...
  20. F

Kids today and their vinyl fetish!!!

So I was looking online at the fashion section of our local newspaper (as I do on a Saturday...not) keeping up with all the trends in black hoodies (one can never have too many black hoodies..perfect for casual and formal occasions) and they had an "interesting" article titled "New knitwear...
Top Bottom