Search results

1. S

Recommend small speakers for my B system in the workshop

A member has done a great deal of work compiling and maintaining a list of speakers grouped by price: Thread with Erin's speaker recommendations Maybe some ideas (?)
  2. S

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

Yes, just tested the USB-C input on the back of the D50 III by connecting my iPhone 15 Pro with a USB-C cable. Interesting that the D50 III was getting powered by the iPhone and so looks like this is a large, but fully portable DAC. The D50 III has a dedicated USB-C input for power, but I...
  3. S

Great "live performance" recordings? (any genre)

Christy Moore, Live at the Point always sounded very good to me - vocals, the guitar or beating on the goat skin..,.
  4. S

TOPPING D90 III、TOPPING D50 III

BT remote works very well. Response is instant and accurate and so far no non-response to a button press . Its nice to be in the room and not have to contort to get a line of sight shot on the machine. Someone earlier asked if it also had the remote also does IR. I have some other Topping...
  5. S

TOPPING D90 III、TOPPING D50 III

Yes, received D50 iii last week- bought from Apos, shipped express from China…
  6. S

miniDSP FLEX TRS with DIRAC - SOLD

Thank you for interest, but the Flex is now SOLD. Including a 2nd remote control (new) Dirac Live full range licensed Latest firmware. Asking $570 shipped in cont. US US Audio Mart Listing
  7. S

Harman acquires Roon

Yes, was surprised too that ASR was not on the list especially considering those that are on the list. And yes, wrote in Audio Science Review too. For wanted features, asked for more streamer service integration (like Amazon HD or Apple Music etc.),....but don't think will happen.
  8. S

SOLD: MiniDSP UMIK-1 Measurement Microphone : SOLD

Microphone used only once (I have another of the same), so is in very good condition with all that comes with it new (microphone, USB cable, tripod, microphone holder for tripod, wind shroud, factory box and original purchase receipt). Each UMIK-1 has a unique correction file perpetually...
  9. S

Denon AVR-X6700H AVR Review (Updated)

Possibly the button was pushed on the (top) remote or on the machine face to select Zone 2 or Zone 3? If the remote was put into Zone 2 control mode, then the Sony Blu ray source will be getting routed to Zone 2 speakers - where you have nothing, so will hear nothing. (?)
  10. S

Denon Replaces AKM AK4458 DAC IC in X4700H and X6700H

I think this is an AKM chip machine. From the serial, the build date looks like July 2020 (change was in May 2021) and the last five digits are well below 7000, again indicating that is an AKM machine.
  11. S

Denon Replaces AKM AK4458 DAC IC in X4700H and X6700H

I grabbed this quote somewhere, maybe here (?) ....sorry can't remember : "The S/N has the format LLLL (4 letters) MM (month) YY (year) DDDDD (5 digits). The AKM 'originals' were built before May 2021 (MMYY below 0521) and have a DDDDD below 70000 (seems to start with a "0" in most cases)."...
  12. S

New Stones Album

Yes, the new Rolling Stones album is Hackney Diamonds and there'll be an announcement event from Hackney, London tomorrow (Wednesday, Sept 6th. at 2:30pm British Standard Time) YouTube live stream event of Stones Hackney Diamonds studio album AP News blurb about the Album release and live...
  13. S

TANCHJIM Space Portable Headphone Adapter Review

Currently $76.49 on Amazon (US) Space Dac on Amazon
  14. S

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Firmware v1.88 is available. No idea if it addresses your issue, but maybe worth a try…
  15. S

SOLD: TOPPING D90SE DAC - Black - Excellent - $495

Thank you nomograf,....pleasure dealing with you.
  16. S

SOLD: TOPPING D90SE DAC - Black - Excellent - $495

D90SE is now SOLD - thank you! Topping D90SE DAC - Black - On latest firmware (v1.88) - no issues. Cosmetics excellent. Factory box and packing. Remote/USB cable/Bluetooth antenna/instruction pamphlet. Fantastic machine. Selling because am trying a MiniDSP FLEX, curios to try its room EQ...
  17. S

Underwhelmed by Topping L30…

As I understand, the L30 requires a somewhat high input voltage to produce its best power (3 volts input required to get full power when on Hi?) . A 2 volt output voltage is pretty t;ypical for a lot of dacs and is not enough for the L30 to play as powerfully as it can. I thought the L30 was...
  18. S

Raspberry pi Vs wiim mini

The Wiim Pro is not yet available, but should be soon (I don't know if that is 4 days or 4 months). There's an Amazon page already: Wiim Pro on Amazon
  19. S

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

A X3600H Denon has no problems driving my Revel M105, C25 and S16 surrounds. 2 SVS subs are taking lower signals (80hz and below). But, I didn't notice any struggle if ran system with the speakers getting full range signal and no subs.
  20. S

SOLD: Revel Concerta2 C25 Center Speaker - White - $380 (Seattle)

Thank you - But speaker now SOLD Revel Concerta2 C25 Center speaker (white). Asking: $380 Very good cosmetics (any marks would be very minor) and plays as new - never an issue. Misplaced box with factory feet (where? ? ) So got bolts in the needed thread size (metric M8 with 1.25 thread...
Top Bottom