Search results

1. Stephen

A Call For Humor!

This is how wars begin...
  2. Stephen

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

My DAC D6-s also give a 'click' when automaticaly switching resolution. It doesn't occur always. I did not note if some frequencies changes are more prone to others, but my previous Soncoz Dac never had any sound when resolution changed. I guess it's a hardware problem. I am still balanced if I...
  3. Stephen

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

Hi Nanook, Thank you for these important informations. But can we totally switch off the blue screen? and Can we bypass the volume? thank you in advance.
  4. Stephen

A Call For Humor!

A splendid auxiliary heater...
  5. Stephen

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

Bluesound node does read the files, but in a very basic way. You can't make play lists, add to favorites and is lacking so many options...
  6. Stephen

well.. my music stored on that
  7. Stephen

Is it too much to ask that Bluesound, Cambridge, Yamaha and others HIFI hardware maker make software that allows us to manage our USB files in a pleasant way? If volumio can do it why can't they?
  8. Stephen

I do use bluetooth to stream my USB files with a third party software. The solution is not optimal as I have a big living room with an open kitchen, some electronics are tampering with the bluetooth connection.
  9. Stephen

Yes, rather expensive...
  10. Stephen

To intregrate Qobuz (and some other services) you need to pay a monthly fee. Not acceptable... Still, I could pay something at once, no problem.
  11. Stephen

Yes! and USB file management, but the software is the main problem... it's the stumbling block. I've tried a few streamers and none of them have really good software.
  12. Stephen

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

Hi Ipdot, I have other complaints about the USB management: the USB sorting engine is very limited, only quality is available whereas sorting by dates, lengths, least played, most played, etc. would be very useful. The shuffle engine is not efficient: I noticed that I listened too many times to...
  13. Stephen

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

Hi Ipdot, This is right and a real problem for me as I use a lot my USB files. Also you can't select some USB tracks to your created playlists, you can only add all USB files to the main play queue.
  14. Stephen

8030C and KH120 - Subjective Listening Tests

Hi @jumper981, thank you very much for your comparison and impression. I had exactely the same feeling comparing these two speakers. Now the Neumann are on my desk and never had any regret...
  15. Stephen

SOLD!!!: Revel Ultima2 Studios, pair (Mahogany) $6000. (Reposted due to earlier failed transaction)

Hi Kal, what is your Zip code? (transport calculation...) Thanks!
  16. Stephen

Favorite Loudspeakers of all time whether you owned them or not

I started my audiophile journey thirty years ago. At that time I was conquered by a brand quite known in France: Elipson, and to have compared many speakers they really stood out for an average budget. I had prestige 4 then prestige 5 and finally Signature 301. The brand went bankrupt around...
  17. Stephen

Reality Is Overrated When It Comes to Recordings (Article from music Engineer/Producer)

Hifi is a hoby. It is a highly neurotic activity where the search for perfection is part of a dissatisfaction ultimately well intended because it allows to perpetuate the search for the holy grail namely the perfect reproduction. If we understand or admit that this perfection is an illusion...
  18. Stephen

“Klinger Favre vs others” or “Studio monitors vs hi-fi speakers”

If you are convinced that these speakers are the 'best' then buy them... We will be happy to have you feedback/comments and eventually comparison with well known brands.
Top Bottom