Search results

1. BsdKurt

Denon Replaces AKM AK4458 DAC IC in X4700H and X6700H

Wouldn't the firmware need to be different for AK4458 and whatever replaces it? Perhaps the firmware version will let us know if a unit is using AK4458 or its replacement.
  2. BsdKurt

Marantz SR7015 8K AVR Review

Audioholics previously indicated that they receive marketing money from Sound United and that it stopped around when the pandemic hit. IMHO, the money is flowing again.
  3. BsdKurt

Lost finding a "good" pre-pro

I know you said you didn’t want an integrated but perhaps consider Denon x3700 in pre-amp mode until a pre-pro that fits your needs, budget and objective measurements shows up.
  4. BsdKurt

Alternative SINAD Chart for AVRs and Processors Showing Best Performance Voltage

Indeed this is a pressing question. @amirm fixed the ground loop issue in the updated 6700 review. Perhaps this will also help with using the Purify with the preouts. I’d love to know if the preouts can drive a high SINAD amp like the Purify or the Benchmark AHB2.
  5. BsdKurt

Denon AVR-X6700H AVR Review (Updated)

@amirm Nice updated review! It is good to know that Denon can and probably normally does (outside of a global pandemic) deliver on their products objectively. The one thing I‘m still curious about is which capacitor(s) caused the initial problem? I know this is not something you can answer...
  6. BsdKurt

What electronic audio products you want tested most

Please send a private message to @amirm to discuss measuring the DBX PA2.
  7. BsdKurt

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

I don't see a valid argument above that supports MultiEQ XT is good enough. Please make a rational argument that it is (preferably on another thread). My opinion that MultiEQ XT32 is a must have feature has been formed from my personal experience as well as reading what the technical experts...
  8. BsdKurt

I could have phrased my response better. Yes there is room correction below the 3x00 series but it doesn’t work well enough. That’s why I wouldn’t recommend anything that doesn’t have MultiEQ XT32. In fact I’d buy a used x3400 before going without XT32 if budget was driving my decision. My...
  9. BsdKurt

For me, Audyssey MultEQ XT32 is a must have feature. I would not drop below 3x00 for any setup since this is not available below this level. IMO, room correction makes a huge difference in the final results. If budget is a significant concern, I would wait a bit for the x3600 to drop in price...
  10. BsdKurt

I said that. Perhaps I got this wrong. My understanding is that only the pre-outs that are disconnected from the internal amplification help reduce the load on the receiver‘s shared power supply. In 11 channel mode, the center channel is still connected to the internal amp so isn’t it the case...
  11. BsdKurt

This part is not correct. In 11 channel mode, only one pair of channels can be disconnected from the internal amps, typically the front L/R. The rest of the pre-outs will be connected to internal application so using external amplification for the center channel will not reduce the load on the...
  12. BsdKurt

Denon AVR-X6700H Home Theater AVR Review

I’m starting to regret making these statements. With Denon now saying they will not be fixing the units with the Covid capacitors, it looks like they haven’t got the message. Their reversal also opens up a whole lot of speculation as to why; Was the actual problem really a bad capacitor...
  13. BsdKurt

Gene basically admitted it indirectly when he was responding to Amir’s first x4700 review. If I recall correctly, he said something along the lines of; Denon stopped paying him when Covid hit and before he participated in the virtual 2020 Denon launch. I didn't remember this quite right. A...
  14. BsdKurt

Your current best options for good front pre-outs up to 2v are the 2019 x3600, the 2020 x3700, then x4700. If you want an x6700 and have time, wait for the updated review when Denon sends Amir a non-covid capacitor unit to be tested and it might make the list too.
  15. BsdKurt

Pre-amp mode should behave like the front L/R when disconnected. That would put the SINAD at 98 at 2v when in pre-amp mode on all channels. Correct?
  16. BsdKurt

It feels like the Star Trek episode “Mirror, Mirror“, but instead of Kirk’s mirror it’s skylarlove1999’s mirror.
  17. BsdKurt

Nope. I'm willing to accept their explanation of "caused by a particular capacitor used in the initial production run to mitigate a supply issue caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.". I'm not saying I will buy one until the retest though. I think the amount of brand name bashing and negativity...
  18. BsdKurt

Nice review @amirm. Another win for consumers! Those with faulty capacitors will have the ability to get this fixed thanks to you. I'm very impressed with Denon's willingness to work with you and that they will be sending you a unit with the fixed capacitor.
  19. BsdKurt

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

You can start a poll here too. When posting a new thread, scroll to the bottom and there’s a Poll option.
  20. BsdKurt

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

This post is where you refer to fixing multichannel out on HDMI (after the initial testing): https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/denon-avr-x3600h-av-receiver-review.12676/page-14#post-380325 Ah, so likely not a model-year type issue. Is this limited to just multichannel...
Top Bottom