Search results

1. Dennis_FL

FS/US: Buckeye 2-Channel Hypex NC252MP w/Auto On, Trigger

Buckeye 2-Channel Hypex NC252MP Built 8/22 and used sparingly. Great deal. - Power cord - XLR inputs (Neutrik) - Mogami wiring - 12v trigger - Auto On Asking $430 includes domestic shipping with insurance.
  2. Dennis_FL

A Closet Discovery

I was cleaning a closet and found an old amplifier I thought I had sold. It's a B&K 125.2 with balanced and unbalanced inputs and rated highly in it's day. I'm thinking of replacing my Buckeye Class D with it. It looks in mint condition and I will soon find out if it works. A problem is...
  3. Dennis_FL

Confessions of a Music Listener

I have three ways of enjoying music. One is the traditional stereo setup where I spent the most money (Roon --> DAC + Amp + 2+1 speakers). Then I have an A/V setup in another room with a TV + Sonos Arc + Era 300 surrounds and a Sonus Sub where I can not only watch movies with Atmos...
  4. Dennis_FL

Help needed on Gustard DAC setup without Receiver

I currently have the XLR output of the Gustard DAC going to a Buckeye amp and it works well. The way I integrated the sub is with high level (speaker wires) since I don't have a receiver with LFE output and DSP room correction and speaker volume adjustments. I have the sub crossover dialed in...
  5. Dennis_FL

New lab for Amir

I think we should all chip in and buy Amir a new place to do his testing like
  6. Dennis_FL

Need help on DAC input

I have a Mac Mini feeding Roon music to my Gustard DAC via USB and the Gustard in turn feeds a Buckeye amp via balanced XLR. In addition to Roon, I'd like to add the option of playing music from other players like Apple Music, SiriusXM, and the Tidal, QOBUZ apps on my Mac. I don't have a...
  7. Dennis_FL

The best laid plans of mice & men & QOBUZ

Well. I spent months evaluating streaming services. I tried the free trials Apple, Amazon, Tidal, Qobuz, and a couple others. And I paid for Amazon and Tidal for a longer test. Since I have Roon, eventually I decided on Qobuz and planned on getting a year plan for $129. I rejoined Qobuz...
  8. Dennis_FL

I have a question regarding two amps and one speaker set

I have my music playing like this Roon--> USB DAC --> headphone amp/preamp (via RCA) --- standalone AB amp (via RCA) --> both speakers and sub (high level) I was wondering if I can hook up my Marantz AVR receiver to the same speakers but using the amps in the receiver and not the above amp...
  9. Dennis_FL

Testing of Streaming Services (Tidal, Apple, Amazon)

I am trying out the various streaming services and would like to narrow it down to one or two. I currently have Tidal HiFi - primarily for Roon integration and I also have Amazon Music as the family uses it. Prcing for the Hi Res is about equal. Amazon and Apple are about $15/mo. for the...
  10. Dennis_FL

Room Shaper Audio plugin for Roon, JRiver, etc and custom room equalization

This is a small company which does the room correction for you via a Roon plugin. Not only Roon.. HQplayer, JRiver, Foobar (together with the VST convolver plugin) and any other player with VST plug-in format compatibility or using Brutefir convolution engine (like Volumio).
  11. Dennis_FL

How to do high level input right with a sub.

I have the KEF LS50 metas and a KEF KC62 sub. I have noted the preference by some for high level sub input for the best performance - especially in music. I use a good DAC for the source and only play 2 channel music from Roon or JRiver. My Marantz is 11 channel Atmos capable and is...
Top Bottom