Search results

1. drummerdimitri

Active speakers for HiFi/ home theater

I'm looking for a stereo pair of active studio monitors to be used mainly for music listening but also to pair with my TV for movies in my 65 m² living room (open floor space). I am seriously considering a pair of Adam A8H's as I have never had a three way system and really want to try some to...
  2. drummerdimitri

AES/EBU from DDC to active speakers?

I have the matrix audio x-spdif 3 digital to digital converter which has an AES/EBU output My ADAM S2V studio monitors accept an AES3 input but I since the DDC only has one AES output, how am I supposed to feed that into the speakers? My guess is I need two AES cables, one to go from the DDC...
  3. drummerdimitri

Controlling output volume via Bluetooth?

So I have a pair of active PA speakers and a Bluetooth receiver with a DAC built in (XDUOO XQ-50 PRO2) and was wondering if it would be a good idea to use my phone's volume control to adjust the output volume of the speakers when I have people over and want to put on some music instead of having...
  4. drummerdimitri

Hardware digital tone control?

Does anyone know of a physical product that is placed between the source and the DAC with knobs to change the audio tone in the digital domain? I'd like to add some coloring to my music as my DAC hasn't got any filters that make any remarkable sound difference so such a product would be ideal...
  5. drummerdimitri

Topping EX5 or DX5?

I'm in the market for a DAC/HPAMP combo which will be used mainly as a DAC/PREAMP for my ADAM T8V studio monitors which I will be using for watching movies on my TV, house parties and sometimes for headphone listening sessions on my computer desk. Having done some research, it seems my best two...
  6. drummerdimitri

Questyle CMA400i popping issue

One day, my CMA400i DAC decides to start popping every now and then for some reason. It was happening on the USB input even without anything plugged into the back of the unit other than that power cable and a pair of headphones plugged into the 4 pin balanced XLR output. The popping noise was...
  7. drummerdimitri

AC noise filtering

I've decided to run my computer system off a pure sinewave inverter acting as a double conversion UPS as my AC line voltage fluctuates a lot and I don't want to cause damage to my expensive equipment. Now the AC waveform is a very clean sinewave as can be seen on my oscilloscope, however the...
  8. drummerdimitri

Running audio gear on inverter?

So I've been having issues with my Questyle CMA400i Headphone amp as it starts cutting power to my headphones when there is a slight mains voltage fluctuation and so I decided to plug it into a pure sinewave inverter running on battery power and the issue is now gone. My question is whether or...
  9. drummerdimitri

Recommendations for USB noise filtering product

I'm having issues connecting my USB dac to my computer as I get random hissing and popping noises due to noise from my motherboard's USB. I'm currently using a TOSLINK cable to connect to my DAC and the issue seems to have disappeared but I'd rather use USB as I can play higher bitrate and...
Top Bottom