Search results

1. drummerdimitri

Active speakers for HiFi/ home theater

I got the A8H's for 3k$ so same price as online retailers. Why pay for shipping and customs/duties?
  2. drummerdimitri

I already did and they sound incredibly good. Such a pleasurable listen with its full bodied sound 0 regrets!
  3. drummerdimitri

Questyle CMA400i popping issue

Just 4 1W diode. Not the SMD ones just the regular ones.
  4. drummerdimitri

Eversolo DMP-A8 Announced

Being the Adam S2V's, I sure can yes. Shame neither have AES output capabilities for that though.
  5. drummerdimitri

Does having an analogue preamp instead if a digital one improve the sound quality if used with active speakers that first convert the analogue signal into digital and then back into analogue after the crossover? If so, that would be the only reason why I'd be more interested in the A8 vs an A6...
  6. drummerdimitri

Got it. I own a pair of Adam S2V's so would those along with a subwoofer be a better choice? Another option would be the A7V's with a sub.
  7. drummerdimitri

I really can't stand the looks of the Genelecs and being 1,895 $ a pop, the price here should be around 4,000$ for the pair which is above my budget. Also the rear facing port is not ideal for placement close to a wall which is how I'm going to have to mount the speakers. Neumann is not...
  8. drummerdimitri

Thanks for the recommendations so far. My budget is strictly limited to 3,000 $ a pair. Also, keep in mind that I live in Beirut, so most of the options mentioned on here are not available to me hence my tendency to go for Adam audio products as I currently own their S2V's which I love and the...
  9. drummerdimitri

I'm looking for a stereo pair of active studio monitors to be used mainly for music listening but also to pair with my TV for movies in my 65 m² living room (open floor space). I am seriously considering a pair of Adam A8H's as I have never had a three way system and really want to try some to...
  10. drummerdimitri

AES/EBU from DDC to active speakers?

Not an elegant solution. I'll just stick to using my analogue preamp with my DAC in that case.
  11. drummerdimitri

That's what I thought, however how do I control the output volume this way? Is it only via sound control panel on my windows PC?
  12. drummerdimitri

I have the matrix audio x-spdif 3 digital to digital converter which has an AES/EBU output My ADAM S2V studio monitors accept an AES3 input but I since the DDC only has one AES output, how am I supposed to feed that into the speakers? My guess is I need two AES cables, one to go from the DDC...
  13. drummerdimitri

Just the 4 diodes.
  14. drummerdimitri

I've solved the issue by replacing the diodes with regular ones and not smd units and the issue was resolved for good. Problem is the stock diodes start deteriorating after some time and the voltage drop across them gets so high that the circuit starts to shut down as it does not receive the...
  15. drummerdimitri

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Great to hear! Do you lose dynamic range as the volume is decreased since it is a digital volume control and not a an active preamp circuit?
  16. drummerdimitri

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Can anyone comment on their experience with using this unit paired with powered studio monitors over XLR? I'm considering going this route and wanted to hear about the unit's preamp capabilities in such a scenario.
  17. drummerdimitri

You just relieved me of so much buyer's remorse. Thanks! Don't need the additional digital and analogue inputs and the Screen to front panel ratio seems a bit off so I got nothing to worry about.
  18. drummerdimitri

I just placed an order on a DMP-A6 Master Edition and now this pops up. Just my luck!
  19. drummerdimitri

Controlling output volume via Bluetooth?

That's great! Does this mean I don't need a preamp with volume control to get the most out of the system?
Top Bottom