Search results

1. outfaced

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

in regard to the subs my question are (despite they are going lower... ) - do they deliver equal or better quality of the bass - do the mains benefit from unloading the lows (quality wise ... not so much about the max SPL) - is there acoustic audible advantage in putting the lows near the floor...
  2. outfaced

no benefit ... it makes it even worse :) at least in my case
  3. outfaced

Does Phase Distortion/Shift Matter in Audio? (no*)

I come this days again to the topic phase ... playing with the rephase to make a convolution filters for roon and watching the videos from this channel https://www.youtube.com/@ocaudiophile Anyway ... my 2c ... my thoughts first on the theory. Phase shift in bass must be a thing ... 125° let...
  4. outfaced

New Kii Seven

as having insides in production and industry in general ... sometimes you have unproportional cost increase with volume ... so, this has to be analyzed as well. You are always looking for a overall optimum including the whole supply-chain. And sometimes small companies just dont want to go big...
  5. outfaced

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

nice discussion ... :) Can totally relay to what @galileon writes. In general its not about if something is there or not. Is more about how is presented and where is the emphasis. Genelecs are lively and full of energy but certain type of music is better suited with something more mellow. As i...
  6. outfaced

YouTube video "The shocking SOUND DIFFERENCE Between Speaker Stands"

ok, have to admit ... there is an audible difference. But i think my case is a little bit extreme ... Dont use IKEA bar stools :facepalm: :)
  7. outfaced

YouTube video "The shocking SOUND DIFFERENCE Between Speaker Stands"

There is difference between stands ... but you cant get it measuring like this. He measured the room. I suppose it can be found more in the impulse response on different frequencies in near field measurement. Its not surprising that heavy stands that have no much of resonance itself is best. I...
  8. outfaced

New Kii Seven

That's the biggest question in my opinion ... how they compare to 8351B (which sadly also lack of modern connectivity ... roon, smartphone app ... ect ) Reading your opinion i would say, they are more close to D&D then to genelec.
  9. outfaced

Genelec 8361A vs 8351B

Have both ...use only GLM - does the job better. Dirac over GLM is worse. Didnt tested properly GLM over dirac tough. I mean it depends which is first.
  10. outfaced

fair enough, the acoustics of the room is not something you can ignore or subtract. However, some specifics I think are felt regardless of it. I got in terms of resolution better bass response from the genelecs in my more disadvantageous room (small and no bass traps) but on the other hand I...
  11. outfaced

more like a clear distinguishability of parts of the music that are prominent in front and a such that are background and all in between. Could say depth also but is not exactly like this, because depth in physical sence is combined with more reverberation and not only lower levels of...
  12. outfaced

I had the opportunity the other day to hear the d&d 8c and indirectly compare with my 8351B. The comparison, besides being indirect, is also a bit unfair, because the 8c were in a perfectly treated room with dimensions well above mine and the speakers themselves were placed more than a meter and...
  13. outfaced

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/minidsp-shd-studio-alternatives.40254/#post-1419421 About the interesting topic Dirac vs GLM. Because i didn't get the GLM kit right away and also was actually convinced that Dirac must be more than enough I listened my 8351B for few...
  14. outfaced

If the sound after using ext. dac is different from over straight digital connection, then this dac has a own sound, and is not neutral. Doesn't matter after all if you like it more, but the straight digital connection is in physical way the purest one. Straight digital is also not completely...
  15. outfaced

Neumann KH420 Review (Studio Monitor)

can you make a comparison to some similar Genelecs and what is in your oppinion better on Neumann?
  16. outfaced

Danley Studio 2

Ok, that's getting really intriguing ... https://community.roonlabs.com/t/active-speakers-best-way-to-go-today/163406/106?page=6 No one here asking for more :) Pls ... thats not the ASRforum, how i know it. :p
  17. outfaced

Genelec 8361A Measurements and Multitone comparison with other speakers.

interesting indeed ... refernce meta 1 with the worst cost/distortion ratio :D the small kali actually quite good for the money good work !
  18. outfaced

Speaker purchase advice - KEF vs. Genelec vs. ?

I also use SHD Studio and listen in smaller, but also pretty irregular shaped room ... and had R3 and bevor that also LS50 (not meta). Now i have the 8351B :) and also have to say, that they are the easiest speakers that i had regarding dirac tuning. What is also important ... SF olympica and...
  19. outfaced

Imaging: coaxial vs. traditional layout

for me the question is, do you here the difference with on and off and what is like ... more like just different, or really better in any regard when on?
Top Bottom