Search results

1. M

ELEKIT TU-8500 preamplifier ???

I have just assembled one of these, and it is paired with a TU-8200 Amp and MarkAudio 10p full range drivers in the FHXL cabinets. I think it sounds great.
  2. M

Best $300 headphones for music production

The drop HD6xx are equivalent to HD650 and are good for mixing. You need good sound to mix properly. For recording you need closed back to prevent the microphones from picking up the sound from the headphones. I use HD280 Pro.
  3. M

Best cheap planar headphones recomendation?

I like my Hifiman HE400SE . Supposedly they don't need as much EQ as some other Hifiman units. Price Is about as low as one can reasonably expect to go.
  4. M

AKG K612 Pro vs AKG K702?

I haven't tried those, but I have a set of HD6xx and HD6xx are much more detailed and dynamic then the AKG 612.
  5. M

AKG K612 Pro vs AKG K702?

I am returning a set of 612 Pro. I really wanted to like them and gave them a good test, but found they were too "soft" sounding. They were not as clear and precise and punchy as my Sennheiser 6xx. To me, it was like they were TOO open....sort of like the drivers were very light pillows...
  6. M

Blues Essentials?

Another vote for Taj Mahal, but no one has mentioned John Mayall. Especially his earlier stuff. Especially with the bluesbreakers
  7. M

How to connect my hard drive to DAC

So I learned something else, that another noob might find useful. I took all the connections from my rasbPi2b, including the SD card, and plugged it in to the Rasp Pi 4b. It almost worked, but would not recognize the usb drive music folder. I eventually had to reformat a micro SD card...
  8. M

I ordered a RPi 4b kit. This worked well enough for me to feel I should not be putting it together with outdated technology I found under my bed!
  9. M

While I am likely able to figure out to do this,, and have used SSH before, many years ago, often instructions are not noob friendly. Statements like "SSH into Moode" are not something many would understand. I do appreciate the link and will probably try this, just to see so thanks for the...
  10. M

I managed to get it to work. Had to set the usb drive ad a server, but I lost LMS with Moode. It had squeezelite but said for it to work, I needed LMS running on the network. With PiCoreAudio, they both run from one distro.
  11. M

Well, I tried Moode and found the instructions were very hard to follow. I could play a radio station, but could not get it to recognize the 128GB usb stick with my music files. Apparently, there is supposed to be some menu with USB, but I could not get it to show up. The only setting for...
  12. M

Thanks SBE. That was particularly useful information. I will try Moode for now. It certainly is a much larger file than picoreaudio! Is there a thread where I can follow the development of the improved CamillaDSP for Voumio?
  13. M

I have piaudiocore running squeezelite and LMS working on my RPi. I compared the output of two identical songs, and compared to my LG phone connected to the same amp (LG has a very good DAC) through the headphone output to RCA, the RPi is slightly clearer. I was actually a bit surprised at...
  14. M

Note to self (and future readers). Do not spend 4.5 hours transferring music onto a 128GB USB drive to hook to your RasbPi, and then find out the RasbPi cannot read the disk in the format it is in (vFAT).
  15. M

I think I have it working. I had to set squeezelite to usb audio output, and then disable internal pi audio, then set the output to hw:CARD=b1,DEV=0, and it is now working. I am unclear as to what each of these software components do. What ARE each of squeezelite and LMS. Both are...
  16. M

I have made progress. Lots and lots of small issues, but I managed to get LMS installed through Piaudiocore. The instructions said to turn squeezelite off, which would not allow my phone apps (squeezer and squeeze controller)to find the Pi as there was no player running. I was following this...
  17. M

I would like to try this. Does this get installed on the Raspberry Pi as a plugin?
  18. M

Well I tried this, and there is something amiss. I got the piaudiocore.img flashed to a sd card, inserted the card, and applied power and then ethernet cable. The front light is flashing green, but the rear lights for the ethernet are both dark, I can't find the blackberry on my network, AND...
  19. M

I think I have a Raspberry Pi 2 kicking around. I have never tried it for anything. Could a version 2 work?
  20. M

The Android box is a Nvidia Shield Pro. I did find this and there appears to be some solutions in the thread: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/shield-tv/9/296594/audiophile-having-problems-with-shieldtv-probably-/
Top Bottom