Search results

1. J

Behringer DCX2496 EQ Review

All the amps sansui B2301, B2302, AUX-911DG , have protection circuits , including DC leak. I'm afraid of the moment the protector might fail and dc passes to the tweeters . I utilize two tweeters on each speaker , CORAL HD-3's , 98db, so pretty unobtainium now.
  2. J

What i now considering is the addition of caps in the tweeters amp output , just to protect them in the event of a DC . Thought on mkp or even film cap at 20μF for each tweeter. What do you guys think?
  3. J

Well , if you need a Ton of PEQ filters it might run short of memory , but in my set up 3 way cross , i was able of puting at least 5 filters on each way and still have a 21% of memory free. Another thing , on my rig , i use it exclusively as active cross just prior to the power amps ...
  4. J

Also , there is a way of putting cross off ,by selecting OFF , on the corresponding filter. I know i'm doing it on mine. Both low end , filter off , and high end filter off.
  5. J

I have it and use it a year and a half ,as my main cross , for my active speakers. It is a very good active cross , doing a fine job . Regardless the time that has passed.
  6. J

Denon AVR-A1H

Only the subwoofer 2,3,4 pre outs are assignable . The no 1 sub is white , like the L,C,R . Look at the color code on the back where it states the assignable channels.
  7. J

Trinnov Altitude / JBL SDP-75

Ohh sure they will. They Have to buy a new ADAT compatible 4 channel DAC.
  8. J

Slew Rate

Ok guys point taken.
  9. J

Slew Rate

Hey Don , nice write up. But i have to ask , why some manufacturers during the 80's and 90's war of amps , were stating some numbers like 350v/us . Sure they wanted to advertise their super fast amps. Ok that is understood. But since the math type for slew rate exists from some decades back ...
  10. J

Marantz SR8015 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Try the cinema equalizer. It turns down excesive treble , that audyssey some times puts on. This is what i use on my old AVP A1HD and it works. Also dynamic volume should be turned off , but not the dynamic eq.
  11. J

Denon AVR-X8500H AVR Review

Andysou , i also offer to relieve you from your 8500h burden . Is 1000$ enough for you? About cats. I love cats and dogs. I have two cats and a dog. Both are clever . Don't make your life out of it. We really don't care if you don't like people who don't like cats. From what i see , most...
  12. J

Suggestions. Pre or AVR

I don't think there will be a problem.
  13. J

Suggestions. Pre or AVR

The channels are running idle , either in pre amp mode , or when supposedly off. They just draw a min amount of current. It's not going to cost something on the sinad side . They never get shut down completely. I would go for AVC 8500 H yesterday. It's a fine AV with tremendous...
  14. J

8 outlet power strip for my audio setup

Trust the high end companys with the star connection. Ha ha , star connection my @ss. On 230 v ac. Are they serious. ?
  15. J

Chinese company TCL to own Pioneer and Onkyo Brands Outside Japan!

I don't know if the acquisition ever took place. Did it go through?
  16. J

How to Get People Flying on the 737 Max

Disregarding most of the above , I'm a certified CRM instructor ,examiner , for the last 10 years. If you don't like anything of my writing , be my guest and damp it.
  17. J

While trying to clear some things out as an airline pilot you find my opinions what? Assertive? hell yeah. It's what I do the last 30 years. I've given an insight knowledge and you find it assertive and accusatory. Well ok , this is your opinion also . BUT Airplanes don't fly by...
  18. J

@Timon VDB , obviously you are not an aviation professional. Nobody accused airbus on the common type ratings. All plane manufacturers are the same , years now. As far as low height and high height airplanes , it is completely irrelevant what you say. airbus A320, A321 , A330 , AND A340 they...
  19. J

I didn't know I was being so incorrect. However, in my defense I should note that you misinterpreted my inclusion of a photos of flattened-bottom nacelles on a 737-300 as depicting a problem with Max nacelles. My point was only that the 737 series had engine clearance challenges even before...
Top Bottom