Search results

1. M

PS Audio AirLens...

The number of numpties on this forum is now a pain. Dear Losers, pls hear this device in your systems. I've used a Lumin U2 Mini with Sbooster, and a Limetree with MCRU Lps in another room. The Airlens without any LPS etc will trounce both. Of course if you have the right gear up the chain. With...
  2. M

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

What powered speakers have you compared these to? Dutch & Dutch 8c? Kii Three? Genelec 8351B or 8361? Dynaudio Focus 30 or 50?
  3. M

KEF "ultra thin" speakers

Hello. Has anyone measured or tried in reality the "ultra thin" speakers from KEF? For our bedroom with limited space this seems like a good option cosmetically. But sound wise, I do not want it to be in the "soundbar" territory. We love our music and would love to have almost LS50 grade...
  4. M

Anything better than Genelec?

Measurement aside, do Genelecs have a "refined" quality to them that allows long hours of listening in the way that Dynaudio does, for example?
  5. M

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

Does anyone actually use this? Does it get really hot as some users suggest it does?
  6. M

Do Dacs make a difference

How about pre-amps? For example if I put Freya+ before my amp, instead of Bifrost 2, will it be better?
  7. M

Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt Review (Video)

Great stuff Amir. In listening to my Onkyo E700M or NAD HP50 I have been unable to hear a major difference between the sound with and without the cobalt. Thought maybe I’m not sophisticated enough. Until I heard a highly palpable difference via RME ADI-2. But this is clearly not portable. What...
  8. M

Barefoot Footprint 01 Review (Studio Monitor)

Yes but similar speakers from competitors like HEDD Type 07 or ideally Type 20… or Genelec 8341 or 8351 are pretty decent living room speakers.
  9. M

Klipsch The Three Review (Powered Speaker)

Marshall speakers. Same form factor and target audience, but even cuter presentation. Much much better sound.
  10. M

Klipsch The Three Review (Powered Speaker)

Brilliant. I own one for my side room. even without measurement I could feel this V type sound. It’s most baffling when highs become sibilant. And the low end is almost artificially boomy. The Threes weaned me off Klipsch forever.. the Fives and Sixes are the same, just bassier and even more...
  11. M

Topping D90 and RME ADI-2 FS

Did something come in Jan? Can’t find it.
  12. M

Which subwoofers do you use with 8351B?
  13. M

Genelec 8351B D&D8C Hedd Main Towers

I wonder how HEDD type 20 would have fared in the same room. Having that giant tower was hardly a “fair” comparison, not to mention the positioning and room issues others have too. The Genelecs do look cool in white. Will you ship to Canada?
  14. M

To OP: HEDD PSI Neumann (for some people) I've head people say things like "PSI are more refined than Genelec" or "HEDD has tigher bass than Neumann", but these are micro-minor niggles. The actual sound is really hard to distinguish. What's different is how they will sound in your particular...
  15. M

Seven 8351B! Haha. I could buy a small house in some cities :)
  16. M

Grimm Audio LS1BE at Purité Audio

Thanks. Helpful. At Grimm’s price that frequency range simply doesn’t cut it for most people. Genelecs are a class of their own :)
  17. M

Different in what way. More precise? Better? More “natural”?
  18. M

To OP: I quite like the sound of HEDD Type 20, MKII. https://hedd.audio/studio-monitors-mk2/ But Gelenec is Gelenec.
  19. M

How would these compare to Genelecs 8351B I wonder.
Top Bottom