Search results

1. Z

Genelec 8x3x stands, are they worth it?

They are available for ~40€, including 19% sales tax. Do you really need 4, or are you getting ripped off by the importer?
  2. Z

Genelec 8x3x stands, are they worth it?

The "correct" solution is of course the 8000-437b-vesa-adapter
  3. Z

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

Plus the ~$300 per channel for the upgrade to the DSP-equipped speakers (e.g. 8040 vs. 8340). That's still not Trinnov money, but does add up. GLM was kind of overstrained to fix the location/room issues with my 8240s, Dirac worked splendidly, and I haven't checked the Altitude. Edit: Trinnov...
  4. Z

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

[...] They are ahead of you - Trinnov apparently regularly updates the mainboard and CPU used in their Altitudes. They did license their technology to Sherwood Newcastle, but apparently the R972 was the only consumer device that resulted from that. I have no idea how good, usable or successful...
  5. Z

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

So what exactly is it that you did wrong, and what's the optimal power off sequence?
  6. Z

Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier Review & Comparison

The gain doesn't help if the amp starts to distort or completely runs out of current.
  7. Z

Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier Review & Comparison

The T1S is probably not a bad choice, assuming you're not getting one of the hard to drive headphones. If it's not good enough, a CCS mod might improve things, and you can switch to different tube types using adapters. See e.g. here for some options for tuning tube based Stax amplifiers.
  8. Z

I have no better suggestions than to contact Pavel, since he's planning to roll out a bug fix release for the DSD issue described just one page earlier. In the meantime, as a workaround, convert to 96 or 192kHz PCM.
  9. Z

I'd recommend using a different USB stick, if possible a fast USB 3 device made by a reputable vendor. If that doesn't help, try other Linux distributions. I'd start with Ubuntu, possibly Fedora, and if that fails, GRML. Try writing the USB stick on a different computer, even a Mac is OK for...
  10. Z

Adding post-DSP SPDIF outputs to AVRs

Please don't leave us in the dark and tell us how you fixed it.
  11. Z

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%C2%B2S
  12. Z

Denon Replaces AKM AK4458 DAC IC in X4700H and X6700H

The DACs need to be configured for the type of signal they are to output, and that's done e.g. over an I2C link with some manufacturer and/or DAC specific commands. On top of that, the requirements for power supply and analog signal handling are sometimes radically different. A more realistic...
  13. Z

The block diagram would indicate that the PCMF signal should carry (both front) left and right signals. The channel that's has no output connected is apparently RSV (reserved). You appear to have the full service manual - is there any indication which analog outputs of the DAC are wired to L and...
  14. Z

Is it correct that your AVR has 2 ak4458 DACs, but less than 16 output channels? In that case it's quite possible that they have tied together 2 output channels at least for L and R for a slight reduction in output noise, although I would have expected that to be highlighted in the technical...
  15. Z

Have you tried a different USB cable? I'd recommend contacting Pavel, this might be an issue that he has heard of before.
  16. Z

Does the display of the Okto still indicate that it is playing DSD, and at the correct rate? Is the music you're playing still somewhat audible under all the noise, or does the DAC only play noise when that happens?
  17. Z

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

And the JBL has none of the crossover options that are available in the Altitude, which would make the multichannel input unnecessary for dualazmak's setup, since a simple 2 channel digital input would be sufficient.
  18. Z

The Rednet D16 + Dante Virtual Soundcard would be the cheaper option to feed 2 Okto DAC8Pro from a computer. Does the SDP-58 even support multichannel Dante input?
  19. Z

As long as the Altitude doesn't support Dante / Ravenna / AES67 (promised for "when it's ready"), the only way to get 16 channels out from a PC is the 16 channel AES in of the Altitude 32, so that doesn't get you anywhere. Why don't you cut out the middleman and get a RME HDSPe AES or something...
  20. Z

I'd appreciate if you could conduct the tests that dualazmak is asking for, and on top of that, check if the there's any audio coming out of the AES out of the first DAC (i.e. switch the second one to Pure AES mode, and check if the audio from channel 1+2 of DAC #1 is duplicated on DAC #2. Thanks.
Top Bottom