Search results

1. C

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Thanks. I'll think about it. The external receiver could be cool but I'd have to disconnect the RCA cables any time I want to play something without BT....
  2. C

Fosi Audio BT20A Pro Amplifier Review

Hello, just thinking about getting one of these, I have some questions... 1) Leaning towards 48v powering, just wondering if heating would be an issue 2) Bluetooth. It seems that there is a priority of BT over RCA, unless you press and hold the knob and unpair it. Question is: if I leave...
  3. C

Thank you for your suggestion. I didn’t know about the existence of Ldacs…. Is there a dac inside? I just need to connect one of them to the amp via rca? Thanks
  4. C

Interested to this V3 for an old pair of Mission 760 still working fine but needing an amp. As I would like to have bluetooth functionality which V3 doesn't have, I've seen that the model BT20A pro is based on the same chip. Are they comparable sound wise or - should the V3 be considered...
  5. C

AKG K371 Impressions

As far as I've read it seems that while 371 has a standard connector, K361 use a different one - maybe proprietary? Just wondering wether a replacement cable for K361 will be easy to provide or it will be a PITA. I found a good deal for 50 euros used - mint conditions - but still thinking. More...
  6. C

How does a low ohm headset consume less power? How is this related to the amp?

I've been reading around trying to understand which are the FR and tonal differences between DT770 pro 80 ohm vs. 250 ohms model. Some say that 250 model sound a bit less harsh in the trebles compared to the 80 ohms, some say the opposite. From @solderdude table on diyaudioheaven it doesn't...
  7. C

Akg k361, Audio Technica budget closed

Thanks. So you think that setting levels and checking mic placement for a recording with k361 would be hard? Not my first use but will also do it
  8. C

Akg k361, Audio Technica budget closed

Hello, my old Akg 141s which served me on a daily basis left me for the second time ( left channel off), so I’m leaning towards a change more than servicing them. I also own a Senn 58x so maybe looking for a cheap closed back ( not by all means but could be useful for monitor levels during some...
  9. C

ID22 DAC Not Sounding Too Good

Just my 2 cents on Evo 4... I have this unit and so far very happy about it. As a mic preamp it's very clean and natural; doesn't have all the gain stated in the specs, though. Julian Krause measured less then the 58 db stated but the quality is really good. Tried with a low output condenser...
  10. C

Behringer UMC204 HD Audio Interface Review

I think that, according from what I've read around, the low sound you hear is mostly caused by this interface low outputs ( main or inserts etc.); hearing from the computer I think it's a different thing. I'll try to understand how much gain the the signal coming out from the insert needs in...
  11. C

I'll see If I can manage to give it a try; I recall that maybe someone I know has got one.
  12. C

Thank you so much I really learn a lot of things here!
  13. C

Glad things works for you! Thanks a lot for your testing. As far as I've read the low output seems to be peculiar of this interface, more than ampère powering. I wish that inserts were more standard in low to mid price interfaces....looks like a very flexible option but also quite rare...
  14. C

Thank you very much. It would be a nice "alternative" use of the interface, though I suspect it's preamps not being of noticeable improvement in a field recording chain. The insert option is not common out of the expensive gear field.
  15. C

Audio interface with standalone preamp mode

This was my thought also...for a decent preamp you need to spend extra money compared to interfaces. At the end the potential latency issue, if any, would be completely overcome by avoiding to add channels to the recorder some coming from the interface and some directly plugged. Something like...
  16. C

Thank you very much for spending your time in answering my question; it has been really helpful. I just wanted to improve a bit the performance of my Zoom h6 recorder, but looking at a good 4 channel preamp seems a waste of money as in any case I'won't totally skip the recorder's internals and...
  17. C

@L5730 thank you so much for your detailed response. Of course a dedicate preamp will still be better than a "side use" of an audio interface. I'm a bit struggling to understand all tech stuff but from what I get from your answer the main concern is not the degradation of sound quality through...
  18. C

Hi, do you know if UMC 204 HD can work standalone without a pc powered via external USB adapter or battery? I know Motu M2 and other interfaces can. but not sure about Behringer. I'd like to use it occasionally as an external mic preamp via the insert outs to feed a field recorder's input. Thanks
  19. C

I'm interested to know what audio interfaces out there can be used as standalone analogue preamps without a computer. Of course it's main use will be with a Mac, but I'd like to have the option. Quite a lot ( Motu m2 and m4, Audient EVO etc.) can be powered by a usb battery or adapter and...
Top Bottom