Search results

1. ck42

Looking for small 2 ch amp with sub pre-out

Yeah, saw that review the other day. Might have worked but I really don't want to deal with the separate volume knob control. For my desk, that would be really inconvenient.
  2. ck42

Just now wondering about this...but for the all important pre-out that I want, does the pre-out on the BT20A Pro follow the volume control level...or is it a straight pass-through that is always at full line level?
  3. ck42

Looks interesting. A little larger footprint than what I'd like and don't need the balanced inputs or LCD, but otherwise looks nice. Thanks.
  4. ck42

Looking for something like an A07 but that has a sub pre-out. Just for desktop use so any of the Class D 40-50W/ch with decent performance would do. It's the sub pre-out that is really making things difficult. Otherwise, I'm looking at using a LOC into a stereo to mono adapter to feed the sub...
  5. ck42

Any lovers of ambient?

Loscil. Never get tired of this...this is my vibe.
  6. ck42

Pyle PT8000CH 8-Channel Amplifier Review

For so little money up front, that leaves quite a bit on the table for possible modifications! Seems like it would be a good platform for some knowledgeable enthusiast to grab and figure out to make some noticeable improvements w/o breaking the bank.
  7. ck42

Orei HDA-939 HDMI Audio Extractor Review

I actually might have a use/need for this! For a while now, I've been trying to find a solution to allow me to feed an audio signal to my wireless headphones...for my TV setup. The challenge has been that my headphone transmitter only has analog inputs. As I found out afterwards, any of the...
  8. ck42

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

@amirm Understanding that your daily HP right now are the DC RT. Will you replace those now with the Stealth? Just curious.
  9. ck42

Reviewing Speakers - Measurements and Listening Tests (Video)

Very informative! (listened at 1.5X and completely able to follow along) Definitely appreciate the in-depth presentation, Amir! Something that I never seem to see mentioned though are the variations that exist with each listener's own physiology (outer ear) and their own biological frequency...
  10. ck42

Movies Worth Owning

Amongst others, these ones stick out in my mind: Blade Runner Interstellar The Martian
  11. ck42

Violectric HPA V550 Pro Review (Pre-amp/Headphone Amp)

Okay, I'm impressed. Wish more companies operated like this. This is the type of behavior that I would expect when dealing with a premium product from a company that cares about its customer base.
  12. ck42

Alpine UTE-73BT Review (Head Unit)

Oh wow..... @amirm , I think you might've opened a pandora's box on this one. Never saw a headunit review coming!! You could double/tripple your testing load by including car audio equipment...and you'd bring in a WHOLE new audience for those reviews. You up for that? :D
  13. ck42

So sick of all the bickering - so I did something about it

Okay, okay....it's a spoof. Really convincing job portraying the ridiculousness though! Until he got to the part about getting 11 out of 20 right though, I was still very much on the fence about whether he was being serious or not.
  14. ck42

So sick of all the bickering - so I did something about it

Okay, I can't actually tell if this is a spoof or not. is this for real? The acting is too good.
  15. ck42

JRiver PEQ switching

This is very interesting. Didn't know JRiver could do this. Will definitely give this a try and see how it goes. Thanks! [EDIT] Okay...I see how this works now. VERY cool...and provides even more flexibility than I even considered! I like it!
  16. ck42

JRiver PEQ switching

Got it, thanks. For now just using the PEQ capability built into JRiver.
  17. ck42

JRiver PEQ switching

Any recommendations for a VST PEQ plug-in?
  18. ck42

JRiver PEQ switching

Considering JRiver. What I want to be able to do though it to FAIRLY easily switch PEQ 'profiles/settings' based on whether I'm listening to speakers or headphones (or even over-ear or IEMs). I can't seem to find anything online that shows this. Can anyone shed any light on this?
  19. ck42

Understanding Audio Frequency Response & Psychoacoustics (Video)

Okay. So the frequency 'sample set' that is used for ERB smoothing is larger (sample set being start/end range of frequencies) as you move to the right on the frequency plot, but then there's also the concept that a frequency sample is not a singular frequency, but also consist of a start/end...
Top Bottom