Search results

1. John Galt

Outlaw 2220 Review (Monoblock Amplifier)

Would be really cool if someone posted good pics of the interior of the 2220 like I did here for the 2200: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/outlaw-2200-m-block-amplifier-review.11403/post-409403
  2. John Galt

Outlaw 2200 M-Block Amplifier Review

This may end up being the very first review of the 2220. Thanks for sending it in.
  3. John Galt

Outlaw 2200 M-Block Amplifier Review

A lot of people would love to see pictures of the inside.
  4. John Galt

About RCA cables (again...)

I've used KabelDirect for some cables and have been satisfied. For my LCR RCAs I went with Mogami because they have a very good reputation and aren't super expensive. MOGAMI® - Gold RCA-RCA (3, 6, 12 or 20 ft) (mogamicable.com) For my subs I used SVS SoundPath RCAs. If you secretly replaced...
  5. John Galt

AudioQuest Wind High-end Cable Review

The AQ product introduction doesn't sound like snake oil at all ;) Great review as always @amirm , thank you! "In the simplest sense, wind is air in motion produced by the uneven heating of the Earth’s surface by the sun. Because our planet is made of various land and water formations, from...
  6. John Galt

Denon AVR-X3600H AV Receiver Review

To me Audyssey XT vs Audyssey XT 32 is a apples to oranges comparison. I'll never buy a receiver with less than XT 32.
  7. John Galt

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

I didn't like the heat my old 2312 receiver generated in a 2.1 config at high volume levels. Now I'm running a 3500 in 3.2 with all outboard amps and not a single component gets more than warm to the touch, even at the highest sustained volume levels.
  8. John Galt

Denon X3700H or Marantz SR6015?

I'd wait to see Amir's review of the 3700, which should be complete in a week or two according to him.
  9. John Galt

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

I’m so anxious to read your 3700 report that I really wish you’d just leave Denon out of the loop.
  10. John Galt

What is your favorite house curve

I‘ve been tweaking Audyssey for months and am now running MultEQ flat with an upper EQ limit of 8k. I found flat EQ slightly harsh in the upper frequencies with my room/setup, and my attempts at a Harman style house curve were just not very appealing.
  11. John Galt

Marantz SR6014 AVR Review

Fantastic discoveries, thank you @amirm ! Please keep up the objective testing to hold these faceless entities accountable.
  12. John Galt

Do you know if this would this affect AirPlay to the receiver?
  13. John Galt

Airplay, does it measure just like HDMI?
  14. John Galt

Audyssey Room EQ Review

Reminds me of this support article I read at https://audyssey.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212347383-Dynamic-EQ-and-Reference-Level?page=5 ”The old-style "loudness" controls on receivers simply did not work. The reasons: They were based on the wrong curves. Fletcher-Munson curves were...
  15. John Galt

Denon AVR-X4700H 2020 AVR Review

I‘d love to see AirPlay testing details since I play music exclusively over AirPlay via high quality sources (lossless/Amazon music FLAC etc). I only use the iOS Music app or Amazon Music HD, never HEOS because I like the native apps much better. I often wonder if I’d get better audio quality...
  16. John Galt

They know that they dropped the ball and wasted a HUGE sales opportunity. What an embarrassment. I was interested in an upgrade and they lost the sale over tens of dollars in hardware, and a lack of passion in engineering, or more likely management.
  17. John Galt

I have no desire to give any company slack when it comes to performance and value. They can either buck up or be devoured by a competitor. I’m long past giving a pass to companies based on their printed name. It means nothing these days.
Top Bottom