Search results

1. S

Review and Measurements of Yamaha WXA-50 Streaming Amp

Are one of these dac chips considered better than the other?
  2. S

Which speaker would you like to be reviewed? (community interest thread)

It's been fun having the Vandersteen 2C's tested...makes me curious how they stack up to other speakers of the era. Kinda makes me want to drop off something else when I go pick up the 2C's....maybe some Advent Large or some Dahlquist DQ10's. I personally think the DQ10's are a better sounding...
  3. S

Vandersteen 2C Klippel data by "hardisj"

On a side note, it is pretty dang amazing in the electronics world that there is something designed in 1977....nearly 45yrs ago (actually I bet over 45 years from when he started working in the design)....and is still being made. The overall design has barely been changed in all these years...
  4. S

I've wondered if just putting updated drivers and a custom crossover, would really breath new life into them. Since the 2 series is still made today, in its 8th version, I assume they got a little better with each version. From what I'm seeing, the only real changes over the years has just been...
  5. S

I took my Vandersteen 2C to forum member @hardisj aka Erin of Erin's Audio Corner and left them for a month or so for him to play around with them and test them with his Klippel. Super nice guy. Anyway, I know a lot of people were curious how they would test. Here is a link to all his testing...
  6. S

For those of you guys interested, the data he has on my Vandersteen 2C speakers is ready. He hasnt uploaded a video yet, but has published the data on the website.... https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/vandersteen_model_2/
  7. S

HOW can bigger amp change sound at lower volume?

Well I'm glad Im not just a idiot that doesnt understand....apparently there are a lot of varying ideas on the subject. Many of which are over my head lol So my Yamaha MX600U (135wpc) has meters and I never see them go over around 20wpc at my normal listening level (50db-60db). I have Dahlquist...
  8. S

So with my inefficient DQ10's if I go from a 135wpc amp too a 250wpc amp it will open up more dynamic range, maybe better bass for instance....even at lower volume levels. Like I typically listen around 55-70dB and my current amp is hitting around 20wpc....so eventhough my current amp still no...
  9. S

Is it mostly the size of the caps and power supply that makes one amp have more dynamic range than another?(given the same overall listening volume). Sorry if that's a stupid question....I really dont understand the science behind electronics at all.
  10. S

For example, I have inefficient Dahlquist DQ10's that everyone says you need 200wpc amp to get the best sound out of them (irregardless of overall listening volume)....it seems like the overall amp wattage is only relative to overall volume capability. Like a given listening volume (say 60db)...
  11. S

Are you still limited to 36"? What if the drivers themselves are within 36" but the overall speaker demensions are bigger? I can bring you a pair of good working Vandersteen 2C if you ever want to try them. I'm just in Birmingham and dont mind making a drive.
  12. S

Review and Measurements of Yamaha WXA-50 Streaming Amp

I have a WXC-50 (preamp version). What are some current options that are better that the wxc-50 but with similar features? I like the wxc50 but it's been out for several years so I'm thinking I need to see if I should replace it.
  13. S

Can you guys help me decide on a Phono Pre?

I'm sorry, I missed your post. Yes, I've really enjoyed the Duo. This is very subjective like most things...but to me it sounds clear and let's the details through. I dont have much to compare it too.
  14. S

Can you guys help me decide on a Phono Pre?

Yes, it sounds great to me. I dont know what you like, but to me it's nice and clear and let's the details through.
  15. S

I might build a NAS/media server. Would you use this???

Yes, it really is! The last time I messed with a computer was 15 years ago and it was nothing like this....the cable management, hdd trays, all the space, hidden psu, filters, sound deadening....just excellent! I wasnt planning on spending $150 on a case but I'm glad you guys suggested it and...
  16. S

I might build a NAS/media server. Would you use this???

Has a light show, my son liked that....and well, it grew on me....I love how clean it all looks with the Define R7 case.....Also, I cant hear it running at all unless I get a foot from it. I adjusted settings to turn the fans (including GPU) to 100% and while I could certainly hear it then, it...
  17. S

Anyone using a Unraid server?

I meant I knew I would outgrow the drives I started out with pretty quickly. Many setups require you to use the same size drives so if you want to add one it has to be just like your old one, or replace them all at once. I went with Unraid for the flexibility of upgrading drives. OMV was on my...
  18. S

I have to admit, the Roon setup and mobile app is all real nice once you get used to its layout. I've been playing with it for several hours now....have the core installed on Unraid with the android app on my phone as a endpoint. Its using Chromecast audio to my stereo system. Have Tidal setup...
  19. S

That doesn't matter to me. I just want what is going to work best for me. Unraid works great and is economical Plex is free and makes everything simple, even my wife can use it lol....its our main source of TV usage. I dont need to do anything with metadata, it assigned great posters to all my...
  20. S

Thats a bit off topic.....however, what do you perceive is the benefit of Raid 5/6 + dm-integrity or Raid-Z over Unraid? Unraid isn't that expensive at $80. I like having a Windows 10 VM that is running continuously, I like that I have a Wireguard VPN built in. Additionally, I like the Unraid...
Top Bottom