Search results

1. A

Measurements helped me to finally find audio bliss!

I've been searching for accurate sound reproduction since 1975. I've been fortunate to work in high end audio stores and had friends whose multi-thousand dollar gear I could borrow any time. Somehow, no gear combination, no matter how expensive, brought me full satisfaction. Two years ago I got...
  2. A

Need feedback on using NAD C298 on SB Lumina IIs

Hi, from all I've read it seems the NAD C298 with its Purifi technology has an edge over the C268. I have two questions: 1) Although it is highly system dependent, does the C268 have a brighter top end than the C298? If anyone has heard them both, what are the differences you've noticed? 2) I...
  3. A

Wow! OMG! How do you express intense like without being over-dramatic?

I am glad I've lasted to 73 years old. I've blissed listening to music over the last 50 years through live performances and with a large variety of hi-end and hi-end adjacent gear. Although memories can deceive us, my current rig is the culmination of a fabulous journey. Perhaps my hearing has...
  4. A

When Does a Stylus Need Cleaning?

When the stylus is dirty, of course. But how do we know when it is? There are various ways to find out to avoid unnecessary cleanings. But, are they convenient? Is it easier to just clean it even if we cannot easily tell if it really needs it? We risk damaging a stylus every time we clean it...
  5. A

Audio Marketing Reigns Supreme

Following Amir for some time I have a number of takeaways. #1 is that Marketing, not Performance rules the audio world. His recent review of the PS Audio P12 is a case in point. It shows that it is a product without a valid purpose. Simply put, there is no need to clean up AC since audio gear...
Top Bottom