Search results

1. A

Headphone Amp for severe hearing loss

Correcting hearing deficiencies is not a simple matter. I don't believe you can frequency correct using audio gear and achieve the results that a high-end hearing aid can. I own a pair of Oticon Opn 1 hearing aids. Every year I have a hearing test and my audiologist adjusts the programs. There...
  2. A

Measurements helped me to finally find audio bliss!

Hi, I don't hear above 10 kHz in either ear. However, what I do hear with the hearing aids is so totally satisfying that I don't even think about what I can't hear. I have the Oticon Opn 1 hearing aids. It has two programs. One is for conversation, the other for music. Volume can be controlled...
  3. A

Thanks, Capman. It's really hard to put into words the joy that listening to my rig now brings me. I regret the loss of satisfaction for so many years. I wrote the post because I sincerely hope to motivate, even if it's just a few audiophiles, to fix any hearing deficiencies sooner rather than...
  4. A

I've been searching for accurate sound reproduction since 1975. I've been fortunate to work in high end audio stores and had friends whose multi-thousand dollar gear I could borrow any time. Somehow, no gear combination, no matter how expensive, brought me full satisfaction. Two years ago I got...
  5. A

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

Bruce, your setup makes the most sense in your use case, no doubt. Thanks for sharing.
  6. A

I copy you, Bruce. It's a questionable financial move. You just have to hear it to believe the performance. Including the $50 power supply upgrade, it's actually $250 total. However, in my mind, I'm comparing its performance to the performance of amps up to $1,000. Our 15 club members have...
  7. A

Put Sparkos dual op amps on either the Fosi or the Aiyima and you'll see what these little amps can really do. Add the 48v power supply to the Fosi for around 160-180 w/c into 4 ohms, and you've got a real winner. I prefer the Fosi because of better parts, cooling and layout, although I've...
  8. A

Link to review video & discussion: Boyuurange A50 SE DHT amplfier

We are on ASR, a very valuable resource. Measurements are part of what should guide us when considering what we want to try in our rigs. Amir has repeatedly said as much. With regard to synergy, here are nice attempts to define it...
  9. A

Link to review video & discussion: Boyuurange A50 SE DHT amplfier

I've had this amp for almost two years now. The only mod I did was upgrading the tubes. Like most gear, its performance is dependent on the synergy it has with other gear. I can believe it sounding bad with some devices. It is not an amp for everyone. With my source (Denafrips DDC and Burson...
  10. A

Douk Audio H7 Amplifier Review

I am now using a Douk Audio H7 and an H8. They are fed by a Denafrips Pontus and they feed a pair of Sonus Faber Lumina II speakers. The sound is fantastic. I no longer need to use EQ on my records or streams, except on poorly recorded tracks that feature very good performances. You may find it...
  11. A

Thanks, Doodski. That one looks more like a centipede. The ones I've seen as replacements have six or eight legs. I found this: Op-Amp Functionality Op amps are voltage-amplifying devices designed to be used with external feedback components—resistors and capacitors—that are situated between...
  12. A

Wow, it's overwhelming. Do you which one does amplification duties? I might guess it's the two to the left of the bank of eight capacitors, and above the 4. I'm still waiting for someone who might tell me the trick to getting the top of the case removed.
  13. A

Amir, I got it and love it. Questions: hi, does it use op amps? do u know the type? have u had experience with sparkos op amps? how in the world do u take the lid off the case. i've gotten it partly out but it seems i'm not doing it right. before i break something i wanted to check with someone...
  14. A

I disagree. It was a great design decision. I get why u don't like it but there are many i believe that do. once i adjust for the room i don't change the volume since i control it from the preamp.
  15. A

hi, i just got the h7. does it use op amps? do u know the type? have u had experience with sparkos op amps? how in the world do u take the lid off the case. i've gotten it partly out but it seems i'm not doing it right. before i break something i wanted to check with someone who has already done it.
  16. A

Suca Audio U7 aka Aoshida A7 aka Nobsound H7 aka Douk Audio H7 tear down

I'm trying to take the lid off the amp. Have all screws off and comes out to the point where the tabs on the XLR connectors block the exit. Is there a trick to getting it all the way out? I'm trying to see if it has a replaceable op amp so I can put on a Starkos.
  17. A

Need feedback on using NAD C298 on SB Lumina IIs

Max, I mentioned that I normally play loudest at between 70 and 80db, rarely above that. The Luminas can take up to 150 while the C298 can put out 300w into 4ohms. The C268, on the other hand, tops at 80w into 4 or 8 ohms.
  18. A

Need feedback on using NAD C298 on SB Lumina IIs

Hi, from all I've read it seems the NAD C298 with its Purifi technology has an edge over the C268. I have two questions: 1) Although it is highly system dependent, does the C268 have a brighter top end than the C298? If anyone has heard them both, what are the differences you've noticed? 2) I...
  19. A

Sonus Faber?

Marc, I forgot to mention that the Luminas seem to respond well to bi-wiring. I started using very inexpensive speaker cables I originally learned about from I haven't felt this foolish in years. Please take away my audiophile card. My only excuse is I've never even dabbled with multich. It's a...
  20. A

Sonus Faber?

Hi, Marc. I'm glad you are enjoying the Lumina Vs. Please let us know how you feel about them after a few weeks. I think they mature nicely. Isn't it wonderful when the spouse gives audio gear the "Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval"? In his review of the speakers, Andrew Robinson relates how...
Top Bottom