Search results

1. H

Topping DX3 pro+ to denon avr-s650h

You currently have a HDMI going from the HDMI out on your receiver to your TV. This cable would now go into the HDMI audio extractor. You'll need another HDMI cable to go from the extractor to your TV. A separate spdif cable (probably optical) would go from the extractor to your Topping DX3.
  2. H

Quick look at the manual says these are for subwoofers only. I think you're only option is to get some type of HDMI audio extractor box with a passthrough function. Take your HDMI out and send it to the box. From there you can tie into your DX3 pro using digital audio. Amir reviewed one of...
  3. H

Is the pre-out only for subwoofers?
  4. H

Sony Walman NW-ZX707 (new product)

Sony Japan published a long feature about this new Walkman: Sony Walkman Feature My Japanese is not great, but I noticed the usual DSD conversion routines feature, DSEE Ultimate (said to be same as the more expensive NW-WM1ZM2). You can also use it as a USB DAC. Seems pretty feature packed for...
  5. H

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

It's a Topping DX3+. It handles 32bit 768kHz PCM and DSD 512.
  6. H

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

I currently use Roon by connecting my DAC to a PC via USB. If I connect a WiiM Pro to my DAC via coax or optical, what is the max bit/sample rate supported? 24/96? Is DSD supported or will Roon have to convert to PCM to send along to the Wiim Pro?
  7. H

Benchmark DAC3 volume control issue

Wait, you were charged for firmware updates?
  8. H

RME DACs & Internal DAC Bypass?

I believe the ADI Pro's have digital outputs as well as inputs https://www.rme-usa.com/adi-2-pro-be.html I wonder if the EQ functions work on the digital out as well.
  9. H

Stream or own?

I still end up buying a lot of CDs and ripping them to use in Roon (and Roon ARC now). I defintely understand the convencince of streaming, but not everything is available on those services. Ryuichi Sakamoto died the other day and I was listening to some of the albums I have, and I noticed quite...
  10. H

General Question about sample rate switching on USB/DAC combos.

Not sure this is a Topping issue. I have a Topping DX3 Pro+ as well. It is connected via USB to a Windows 10 PC. Using Roon I'm able to play files of various sample rates without a noticable pause. I did a quick test going from queing up three files: 44kHz 16 bit to 88kHz 24bit to 96kHz 24...
  11. H

Hardware digital tone control?

A RME ADI DAC? They have customizable EQ settings.
  12. H

Digital audio switchbox?

For digital switching, take a look at this. https://www.tindie.com/products/beni_skate/automatic-spdif-opticalrca-audio-switch/ It handles Toslink and Coaxial. Output as coaxial and a cheap adapter can turn this to AES. It will automatically switch from input to input based on if a signal is...
  13. H

Topping DFU?

Generally USB 3.0 ports have blue plastic centers vs. regular black ones.
  14. H

Google Nest Audio Spinorama and Measurements

Google has these now at $50, which I think is the cheapest they have ever been. https://store.google.com/product/nest_audio?hl=en-US Thinking about getting a couple to form a stereo pair for Roon use.
  15. H

Roon 2.0 Launched Today - Adds Mobile Listening

Roon updated to 2.0 today. Roon 2.0 It adds a killer feature for me, the ability to listen to all my music out of the home on a cell network. You'll need the new Roon ARC app to use this feature. Some quick testing shows it works just fine. I had to bump the bit rate down to balanced (about...
  16. H

YAMAHA A-S701 - tear-down, thoughts about the internals & few measurements

I think that would work. Don't know much about this, but would splitting the signal affect the voltage of the line level?
  17. H

I'm using an inexpensive Topping outboard DAC (the inboard DAC does not handle switching sample rates gracefully) into the CD input of the Yamaha. Since the DAC only has a single RCA out, I'm using the REC OUT to go to the headphone amp. Wondering if I should invest in a DAC with more than one...
  18. H

I'm using the Rec Out on a Yamaha AS801 to feed an external headphone amplifier. Am I losing performance this way? Should I try to find an alternate way to feed this headphone amp?
  19. H

Topping L30 II and E30 II

I'm very interested in this. I currently use a L30 and after making some headroom for EQ, it could definitely be louder.
  20. H

Earlier Version of Pat Metheny's "Better Days Ahead"?

I ran across this recording of a concert in Houston 1981 of the Pat Metheny Group. https://archive.org/details/pat-metheny-group-1981-univ.-of-houston-kuhf/02+Better+Days+Ahead.flac There is a 7+ min version of Better Days Ahead on it. I'm only familiar with the one from Letter From Home in...
Top Bottom