Search results

1. BN1

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

Almost always for background music via ceiling speakers. I have a 5 zone system using Yamaha MusicCast.
  2. BN1

Will you stop using Spotify now? Vote

We listen to music mostly via distributed audio as background noise. For me, the Spotify premium service at $10/mo is about right. I don't like the way Spotify has played their customers over the years about higher quality audio but, for now, I'm happy with their service and the integration of...
  3. BN1

Review and Measurements of PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC

Yeah, when you spend a lot of $ on a product you expect it to be engineered well throughout
  4. BN1

Elac Uni-Fi 2.0 Review (bookshelf speaker)

LOL, as in many things with audio
  5. BN1

Yamaha RX-V6A 7.2 channel 4K / 8K Dolby AV Receiver Review

I have the RX-A660 avr and it does many things all quite well. Would I like more power, sure, or a better DAC, likewise, but it serves my purpose very well and, like you, I don't run it at anywhere near max volume where apparent problems can occur (and most users don't). Just enjoy it. Now...
  6. BN1

Danny Ritchie's Rube-Tubes

Just saw on another site where they compared 3 locking banana plug versions and it would be interesting to see if ASR can test some of these BPs against GR Research's tube connectors. Recognize that the BP is only half of the connection. BTW while the BPs were reasonably expensive, they...
  7. BN1

More to it than just current listening capabilities. Spatial audio and technology are certain to change our listening enjoyment. Hardware will improve and get cheaper (well, there is inflation ...) and recording techniques will improve. Tidal, Qubuz, Apple, and Amazon have shown leadership...
  8. BN1

Does this Bose setup make any sense ?

Actually, it was a Cobalt Dragonfly dongle DAC ($330) and some high-end cable ($220 !!) that he used. He said that the setup did well. I have this same Bose speaker and wanted to generate some inputs on how an external DAC might do for the SQ.
  9. BN1

Does this Bose setup make any sense ?

I read numerous forums and youtube reviews for the education value and enjoyment of the hobby. Recently, saw an article about a guy who went to Mexico for vacation and took along his Bose Soundlink Mini II speaker for his tunes. The surprising part was that he used $550 worth of dongle DAC and...
  10. BN1

A few recent observations. I have come from Pandora (free), to Spotify (free), to AMHD, to Spotify (Prem). AMHD is clearly the value (Prime member) and sound quality leader (on my <$1000 HT system). AMHD, for me was a bit easier to navigate and get help for and I have found Spot Prem...
  11. BN1

Thoughts on PS Audio aspen FR30 Loudspeaker? Maybe review?

I suspect that these speakers will be decent, and at $28k they should be. What bothers me is that the prototype iterations that led up to this new design (and new designer) were claimed to be "excellent" by Paul (using his golden ears). Then why did Chris (new designer) have to throw away an...
  12. BN1

Good way to stream Amazon Music HD to DAC

Ditto your frustrations with AMHD and the hardware. This stuff doesn't come easily for me (>75 yrs old) and I wanted to get away from the intrusive ads on free Spotify. Ended up with Firestick 4k plugged directly into HDMI input in avr and got hi-res (24/192) out of my HT room (fed directly...
  13. BN1

Good way to stream Amazon Music HD to DAC

I also hope that with Apple & AM now into hi-res and spatial streaming (at a good cost !) that new hardware/software (at a good cost ?) will come in the future to fully take advantage of these qualities.
  14. BN1

Just saw on Audioholics that Qualcomm is bringing lossless to Bluetooth for Android. I'd expect Apple will soon follow for their devices. In time, more pressure on Spotify to honor their commitment to lossless streaming.
  15. BN1

If so it seems that WE are being played !
  16. BN1

I noticed that as well. Do you suppose that all this press was only to draw attention to N. Young and Spotify, ie bad press is better than no press ?
  17. BN1

Ek has made some odd decisions of late. For sure, however, he is getting plenty of press these days and maybe that is his intention.
  18. BN1

Good summary. What about Neil, Joni, Nils, Joe or Taylor ? Wouldn't miss any of them, at least not on personal playlists.
  19. BN1

Yeah, same issue with Amazon/MusicCast on older RX-A660 avr for distributed audio. Played great on primary room but had to link any secondary room and play both rooms. No issues playing Spotify and MC. Haven't tried Tidal.
Top Bottom