Search results

1. ol_mcdonald

Run DAC at 0 dbFS?

Hopefully I’ve worded that right…I have been feeding my Topping D90SE from my MacBook Pro using the DAC as preamp and volume control. I purchased a Volumio Rivo streamer that has volume control capability. My question is, should I run my DAC at 0dbFS and use the Rivo volume control or the...
  2. ol_mcdonald

New Volumio Rivo

I’m currently streaming from my MacBook Pro via Audirvana usb to my Topping D90SE and while it sounds great Audirvana leaves me wanting more. I’m intrigued by the new Volumio Rivo, a standalone streamer that also allows me to use my current DAC and has an hdmi output and UI I can control with my...
  3. ol_mcdonald

Topping D70s bricked, no help

I purchased a Topping D70s DAC from Apos Audio and immediately started having playback problems. Stalling, tracks play with no audio, one channel only and failing to play continuously any playlist. I contacted topping via tpdz.net and was sent a link to the newer firmware and downloaded it and...
  4. ol_mcdonald

Amplifier output

I am curious about the output in amps of a given size amplifier. I know for household current a 14 awg wire has an ampacity of 15 amps, a 12 awg 20 amps and so on. Someone made a statement in another forum that a 900 watt amplifier was delivering 15 amps of current. I believe this is incorrect...
  5. ol_mcdonald

KEF KC-62 defies physics??

So, tell me please, how a sub can produce 11hz @ 105 db spl with two 6.5" drivers. @amirm please test!
  6. ol_mcdonald

Adding external DAC to system

I was about to pull the trigger on an SMSL M500 DAC when I saw the news about the SMSL SU-9. I like the form factor better, it is balanced and has no headphone output. I have a pre-amp with a Cirrus Logic 42528 DAC, which isn't horrible but not great. I would like to retain the use of my Emotiva...
  7. ol_mcdonald

Adding DAC. Teaching an old dog new tricks.

New to streaming, DAC's etc. So we are essentially talking teaching an old dog new tricks. I'm 63. I plan to purchase a Toping D50s or SMSL SU8 DAC in the coming days and am not quite sure where in the signal chain to place it. I am using an Emotiva MC700 preamp and dbx DriveRack PA2 to route...
Top Bottom